Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Musk Says He’s the ‘Wild Card’ on This Week’s Saturday Night Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Elon Musk is set to host Saturday Night Live tomorrow alongside musical guest Miley Cyrus.

“Hi, I’m Elon Musk, and I’m hosting SNL this week with musical guest Miley Cyrus. And I’m a wild card, so there’s no telling what I would do,” Musk said in a promo for the episode.

In another, Cyrus asked Musk what he was up to this week. “I just did a successful rocket launch this week,” he said, referring to SpaceX’s Starship SN15 prototype flight. An SNL actress quipped, “I did my laundry this week.”

There was some controversy leading up to the episode, as some cast members reportedly protested Musk’s appearance. 

On Thursday’s edition of The Breakfast Club on Power 105.1 in New York City, SNL cast member Pete Davidson said that Musk had dinner with the cast and was excited about the episode.

Musk is scheduled to hit the stage Saturday on NBC at 11:30 p.m. ET.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, the SNL show just hasn't been interesting or funny in a long time. I was despondent watching Elon acting foolish in a dump of mediocre "comedy" writing. Is this the culture that humankind needs to preserve on Mars?

He must be surrounded by sycophants who didn't dare talk him out of wasting a day on this exercise in ego-stroking celebrity.

The real-time charts showed people nervously dumping TSLA stock. I realize that even if he loses a billion or two as a result, it doesn't matter to Mr Musk.

But for those of us whose humble savings, and outlook, ride on this remarkable company that we have been so proud of, it matters a lot.

Miley Cyrus came across as far more of a professional, Elon. Fix it if possible.

Unfortunately, the SNL show just hasn't been interesting or funny in a long time. I was despondent watching Elon acting foolish in a dump of mediocre "comedy" writing. Is this the culture that humankind needs to preserve on Mars?

He must be surrounded by sycophants who didn't dare talk him out of wasting a day on this exercise in ego-stroking celebrity.

The real-time charts showed people nervously dumping TSLA stock. I realize that even if he loses a billion or two as a result, it doesn't matter to Mr Musk.

But for those of us whose humble savings, and outlook, ride on this remarkable company that we have been so proud of, it matters a lot.

Miley Cyrus came across as far more of a professional, Elon. Fix it if possible.
That's telling when someone's savings depend much on one company. I guess, they have to fix it.

Do you tell kids to get off your lawn? Just asking for a friend.

The real-time charts showed people nervously dumping TSLA stock.

On a Saturday night? Try again. The NASDAQ is closed and so is aftermarket and pre-market. Any advance orders put in for TSLA at that time are utterly meaningless as any sort of indicator. Most critics and members of the public seemed to enjoy Elon's performance and the response to the YouTube sketch videos suggest most people enjoyed Elon's performances.

Last edited: