Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk Says Tesla Pickup Debut Pushed to November

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The wait for the coolest car Elon Musk has ever seen will be a bit longer.

Musk said on Twitter that the highly-anticipated Tesla Pickup, which was previously expected to debut during the summer, won’t be shown until “November most likely.” 

Musk has said the company aims to build “something more functional than a [Ford] F-150, but a better sports car than a basic [Porsche] 911.”

“I think it’s the coolest car I’ve ever seen, to be frank,” Musk said of the truck that is said to have a “cyberpunk” design. “Not everyone may share that opinion, but worse-case scenario, we build a normal looking truck.”

Musk has said the pickup could be a mini version of the Semi. He previously tweeted about possible features including:

All-wheel-drive with “crazy torque”A step that will lower for entry into the truckRoom for six passengers400 to 500 miles of range or “maybe higher”Dynamic suspension will come standardPower outlets with a 240-volt connection for power tools

“This is something that if you’re driving down the road it looks like it came out of a sci-fi movie,” Musk said.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the critic's problem? .....snip.... Just because he is an optimist and is off by a few months .....snip.....
newer folks may not be aware - but - some of us paid for AP2 back around Sep/Oct 2016 as Musk said its ready. AP1 was still better for over 1½ yrs - & only then was it barely on parody. That's just one example of some of the lonnnnnnng delays. Never mind delays with ½ shaft shudder - yellow screen boarders, ghosting wind shields etc. Me thinks ye may be a bit new around here. That's OK. Stick around .... cross fingers .... maybe this will be a first.

Reactions: GreenT
Can’t wait for the reveal or even just a solid reveal date. I put on hold my desire to get a new Raptor. Patiently waiting.
I heard the Raptor would be very expensive to maintain, particularly the shocks. More like racing shocks, and with typical truck use will need to be replaced in 5 years. Though I am not a truck guy, so others would know better than me.

Reactions: Daskid
Think that Rivian just announced that their new SUV will start at $125,000, then go up from their for more features of the larger battery.

Not sure they will take many buyers from the Tesla Truck (but of course some)
That was Bollinger not Rivian, but agreed on not being able to pull many sales from Tesla with that sort of value-prop. I'm personally amazed Bollinger is still around but at prices like this for what you get I can't imagine they will be around for all that much longer. 125k for THAT?! Hard pass.

Bollinger Motors reveals the price of its hand-built EVs—$125,000