Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Musk Says Tesla Will Expand Service Center Coverage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk on Tuesday admitted to “major gaps” in the company’s geographic coverage of service locations and said the company is working to expand its service reach.

According to his tweet, Tesla will aim to cover all regions in North America within three to six months.

Tesla currently operates 78 service centers in the U.S., with most of them hugging the coasts. There’s certainly room for expansion throughout the middle of the country.

Last month, Musk said Tesla plans to bring most collision repairs in-house because “outside firms” take too long – weeks to months – to make repairs, which is driving Tesla owners and the company “crazy.” He said the company’s current collision repairs operations are completing jobs within 24 hours, but the goal is to deliver repaired cars back to customers within an hour. Tesla currently operates nine Body Repair Centers in the metropolitan areas of Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orlando, Seattle, and Washington, D.C.

With the number of Model 3 sedans on the road growing into the hundreds of thousands and potentially millions in a few years, a strong network of service centers will be important.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hpartsch
There are people on this board from SK who have talked about their 2 day trips to get their car serviced.

I'm a little surprised that Musk didn't clue in about this considering his mother's from Regina and he has cousins in SK.

This is great news. During a recent road trip, I felt sorry for those charging at Gallup who were residents of Albuquerque and had to drive to the Phoenix area for service. More Superchargers are needed if additional service centers aren't added.
I'm not following. Something wrong with the Gallup Supercharger, or are you saying that Gallup to Phoenix is too far without another stop ? If the latter I agree, but I chose to drive via Flagstaff anyway so it was not an inconvenience.

As a resident of SW Colorado I'm looking forward to Kayenta to make drives heading in the SW direction carefree.

Last edited:
I'm not following. Something wrong with the Gallup Supercharger, or are you saying that Gallup to Phoenix is too far without another stop ? If the latter I agree, but I chose to drive via Flagstaff anyway so it was not an inconvenience.

As a resident of SW Colorado I'm looking forward to Kayenta to make drives heading in the SW direction carefree.

My service center is nearby. I fell sorry for those in Albuquerque who should have a service center in their city.

Gallup was the busiest on my cross country trip. I learned the reason during a conversation at the hotel. Hopefully Tesla will build a service center in Albuquerque soon.

Hopefully Tesla will build a service center in Albuquerque soon.
Not until the dealership bought politicians let them. There is however a Rio Rancho (burb of Albuquerque) based Ranger. That fellow covers a *huge* territory that I know extends 400 in my direction. From my POV, Albuquerque is well served ;)

I'm curious whether the Phoenix commuters know about the option.

There are people on this board from SK who have talked about their 2 day trips to get their car serviced.

I'm a little surprised that Musk didn't clue in about this considering his mother's from Regina and he has cousins in SK.

Preach, brother.

And they're not two short days, either.

Somehow, I get the impression Musk isn't thinking about SK (or even Canada) with this announcement.

Oh I’m sure Elon isn’t thinking of Saskatchewan. It’s 2 days of driving to get service (1 day each way at least) plus the day or two the car is at the center. So getting service in Calgary is at least a 3 day affair for Saskatchewanians. To top it off there are still zero Superchargers after multiple years of tweets from Elon giving us hope about Swift Current.