TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Blog Musk Tweets on Model 3 Delays, Semi Stall, and Puerto Rico

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by TMC Staff, Oct 6, 2017.

1. TMC Staff

When asked when non-employ Model 3 customers can expect delivery of their cars, Tesla CEO Elon Musk said in a tweet: “Assume the worst.” “Now I need to get back to work…” he said as a sign-off from the brief tweetstorm. Musk seemed to show a sense of urgency in pulling his company out of its...
    READ FULL ARTICLE

2. Bebop

Bebop Member

Literally If I ever have a chance to hug Elon. I would do so. All the family on my moms side is over in Puerto Rico and my mom tells me the situation over there really is bad. They are not exaggerating on the news when they say it’s bad. To rebuild the grid with Tesla’s help would be one of the most amazing things Tesla could do.

• Helpful x 2
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  3. mmd

mmd Active Member

TECHNICAL ISSUE:
    The 'Read Full Article' isn't working. Becuase the ad in the upper right hand side keeps changing or flashing, I can't scroll down or read it. The page keeps flashing non stop. I am trying on Chrome.

But on a serious note, this comes as ZERO surprise to me. See my comments earlier. Tesla has ZERO incentive to ramp up M3 till full fed tax credit is there. Those are better used for higher priced Model S and X sales.
    The other problem is that ramping up M3 at the rate mentioned earlier needs massive hiring and investments.

4. McRat

McRat Active Member

It keeps loading new ads constantly about 1 per second.

Hit the Stop button (aka refresh) button at top left of the Chrome title bar. Now you can read.

But yeah, it's busted.

5. Bebop

Bebop Member

@Eclectic Why would you disagree with what I said? Seriously?

6. Rob R

Rob R New Member

Am I picking this up wrong from distant Scotland, or it is really mainly Elon Musk providing relief to Puerto Rico? What a shame. If only the Puerto Ricans belonged to some big, rich country I am sure their government would be helping.

• Funny x 1
  7. cwerdna

cwerdna Active Member

It did that for me on Firefox. I was able to open it on Chrome. I'm on a Win 7 32-bit machine.

8. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

I would argue Elon Musk is probably not the primary relief-provider for Puerto Rico. :) Frankly, it is unclear how much of this is help and how much of it is a business opportunity - anyone know, how much is Tesla providing for free?

9. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Link in the OP just worked for me in Chrome iOS.

10. McRat

McRat Active Member

Yup, fixed.

11. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

Actually, what help is Tesla providing in Puerto Rico?

It seems to be selling battery packs at normal prices? Tesla to stop Powerwall shipments to installers price gouging in Puerto Rico