Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk: V10 wide release "hopefully end of august" after early access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, negative Nancies. Time to own up and admit this wasn't fluff? That V10 was nearly even on time and actually did include advanced summon that doesn't even close to suck? Heck you even got spotify and album art (which are two things I personally don't care about, which seems to mean don't matter)!

Ha, just kidding, you'll find new reasons to hate life! Don't bother responding with everything you have to complain about, plenty of time for that in the lead up to V11.
Reaction seems resoundingly positive. Those of us with older cars aren't getting much, but that's a little disappointing at worst. I haven't seen any Haterade for V10. Comparing V10 to the V9 rollout, I think we can say that V9 was a dud. Version 8, 9, and 10 are kinda like Windows 7, Vista, and 10.

I am a little disappointed with version 10 for my MX with AP2/MCU1 with FSD that I bought new for 120k. I was hoping to have some of the other entertainment options. My 2019.32.11 update only received:
Maybe I’ll get all the other improvements when they change out the MCU. I know i’ll have people say you should have waited for the new tech before you bought but at least you get updates unlike you don’t get in regular cars. Don’t get me wrong I love my car but was just hoping for some of the other entertainment options when I’m sitting in my car charging. On a lighter note my internet is now working so that’s a start.

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200
One additional feature I noticed is when there is a car or truck too close to the lane line....the car moves to the side a bit too....somewhat off center. That's a great feature!.
I could have sworn that was in early AP 'personalities' but then was 'taken out'.

What if you are in the middle lane and a car on your right gets close to the lane line ... then your Tesla moves left and gets close to the lane line for the car/traffic on your left!

One additional feature I noticed is when there is a car or truck too close to the lane line....the car moves to the side a bit too....somewhat off center. That's a great feature!.

MCU1/AP2 Model S cars did not get Lane Departure Avoidance or Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance.

What MCU/AP hardware do you have and do you have a Model 3?

Please add your car model and hardware configuration in your Signature.

Thanks!

Maybe I’ll get all the other improvements when they change out the MCU.

They aren't changing out the MCU. They will change out the AP computer.

Damn! I wish they'd add that to AP1. There's no reason they can't with the side ultrasonic sensors, other than that AP1/MobilEye development is dead.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Must have been significant to do another rollout this quickly.
Well not really. Since you are fairly new to the forum, you probably haven't noticed that it has been quite common to see minor releases follow even other minor releases. Just a constant processes of adding new things and fixing others. Bottom line, not to assume 32.11 is significant to release right after 32.10. It may or may not be important.

Well not really. Since you are fairly new to the forum, you probably haven't noticed that it has been quite common to see minor releases follow even other minor releases. Just a constant processes of adding new things and fixing others. Bottom line, not to assume 32.11 is significant to release right after 32.10. It may or may not be important.

Thanks. A little too cavalier IMHO, but here's hoping they never have a disaster with that approach.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Thanks. A little too cavalier IMHO, but here's hoping they never have a disaster with that approach.
That's a common practice in the industry.

The way to mitigate big disaster is to release slowly and stop the roll out if you find issues, fix the issue - rollout new version. That is exactly what they are doing.

ps : BTW, its not really new either. We were doing frequent releases and monitored slow roll out 20 years back. For eg., Amazon probably makes some kind of release every day. Hasn't resulted in disasters.