Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk: V10 wide release "hopefully end of august" after early access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon has said nothing about making the UI better for the older cars. I'm prepared for a big disappointment.

This seems to be a huge Autopilot / FSD update as I can see it...

Of course, a FSD car needs to see rear cross traffic. Obviously, I want Tesla to have that capability. It's about HOW the feature is implemented. I am against the "old" way that most cars do rear cross traffic alert, where the cars beeps at the driver. I want Tesla to do FSD where the car sees the rear cross traffic and takes action itself to avoid any collision.

So I am not against a rear cross traffic feature, I just want Tesla to do it the better way and not waste resources on simply alerting the driver. I want Tesla to focus on FSD where the car can handle it without needing to alert the driver.

The "old" way of doing it is actually having a feature instead of not having it (and even removing it!). When it comes to safety features, I would rather want it to beep than not having the feature at all. It has beeping parking sensors even if it has autopark, you would want to do away with that as well? :p The sensor visualization is amazing, and is an example that Tesla does the same as everyone else, but BETTER. They can add "classic" features and make them better easy.

I know we all want FSD but then you would actually want some features more. Like using the big screen to read text messages etc.
Meanwhile (while waiting for the car's lifetime possibly for FSD), it's not much to ask to have functioning media player for instance.

Last edited:
Yes, I also just got version 3.9 for the phone app.

https://electrek.co/2019/08/13/tesla-update-solar-powerwall-owners-deep-dive-data/

34B8B214-AA82-4236-BA42-2C2CF528395D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I'm gonna say that the support for Powerwalls is the cover story for the 3.9.0 release. That's happened before in early access releases where the app supports some unrelated feature as well.

Tesla doesn’t need to “cover” at all — it could simply enroll Early Access members in TestFlight (for iOS ... don’t know the Android equivalent) and push private app builds.

Tesla doesn’t need to “cover” at all — it could simply enroll Early Access members in TestFlight (for iOS ... don’t know the Android equivalent) and push private app builds.
Android is TestFairy. Tesla can just push out new apps to early access. They don't even need to enroll. Just download the apps and install the Tesla app with a code.
Except they don't do that. It's always been an email to say Tesla is sending you new software for the car and you'll need version x.y.z of the app to use it.

• Informative
Reactions: theBurtReynold