Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk: V10 wide release "hopefully end of august" after early access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love
Lovely.

Got to appreciate the early FSD priority... ;)
Love Tesla and what they are doing. Have all electric cars my wife a MX 100D and me a S90D. Have had several friends purchase Teslas after taking a ride in our cars. But what left a sour taste in my mouth personally is when they changed the pricing of the model s, shortly after they lowered the price of FSD. Tesla always talks about value retention well they really screwed the pooch when they made both moves in pricing. My Model S which was priced out at over 110k when I purchased it, is not even 3 years old and the last time I went to get a trade in estimate they were offering 47k GTFO. For this a good way to win these customers back is too have them top priority for FSD computer switch and upgrade the MCU since we paid 2k over what is being offered now plus the increased amount of depreciation due to price change! Tesla is so worried about future earning and pushing as many cars out just like every car company does not but they swear they are different. What they should focus more on is current customer retention and customer service. That’s why Porsche is so successful! That’s how most businesses flourish. Any how only time will tell. End of Rant !

• Informative
Reactions: am_dmd and jebinc
There's a reason technology advancement is called "The Bleeding Edge."
Yep 100%! I know new advancements come out seems like everyday, but what was the most upsetting was the huge price change that affected a lot of current customers and the values of their cars. If pricing were kept the same I don’t think there would have been much complaint within the Tesla Community. Year to Year the price of the car should have stayed the same as newer technologies make it into the car, but adding the price drop to the mix screwed over a lot of loyal customers.

So any AP2/MCU1 with v10?
Without AP2 they would not have been able to able to get to Model 3!

All AP2.5/3 so far on TeslaFI. I suspect it’s pretty much all AP3 cars for now, and the AP2.5 being reported are cars like mine that TeslaFI misreports.

I’m sure a version will come to the other cars eventually, but if our guess is right that this version is carrying the full frame neural networks intended for the AP3 computer, it makes sense to roll that to the AP3 cars, and then roll a version without them to the cars that can’t use them.

Those of you still on v3.9.1 of the iOS app: Go into the App Store and search for the Tesla app. Open up the app listing in the store UI. You should see an "Update" button there. Push this to update the app. On my phone it was not showing up in the list of apps to update, so I had to do this to get the updated app.

Of course, I'm still on 3.2.1, but when I eventually get the update to the car, at least that phone app will be ready :)
Thanks for the tip

Anyone here got V10 ? How is the AP working ?

To me that's the most important aspect.

I've no idea why people are so excited about Slacker to Spotify change.

In my whopping six miles of AP experience this morning, it did fine.

That was all freeway, a mix of flowing and stop and go, and I didn’t really notice much change beyond the new visualizations.

The one merge I let it handle seemed smoother, less braking and the car holding a consistent position behind the car that needed to merge in while we waited forever for him to get around to it - but it was doing merge pretty well before as I remember it.

Reactions: EVNow