Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk: "Version two of the Powerwall probably around July, August this year"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if people who have reserved for V1 will be offered a slot in front of everyone who reserves V2. Because if I don't get mine by the time they announce V2 I might want V2 instead.

People who "reserved" did nothing more than add their name and email to a mailing list. They are being sold through authorized installers so you better get in line with them instead of Tesla. It was just for PR so Musk could say they have xx,xxx units "reserved".

Since July is only 5 months away I don't know why anyone would want V1. Naturally I'd assume tesla doesn't even have any stock of it and don't expect any sales of it. Why would they announce V2 coming out in 5 months if V1 isn't even being distributed to reservation holders yet?? Dumb move on their part if they expect any further (if any) V1 sales.
Perhaps it's just an upgraded pack within the same case. So maybe V1 is a proof of concept and v2 is mass market.

Powerwalls are being sold right now. People want to buy them. Products always improve.
Maybe the "dumb move" is to assume that one has complete and accurate information about Tesla Energy sales.
Still waiting for Tesla to contact me for the Powerwall I reserved.

Maybe I can get a CPO one before a retail one.

- - - Updated - - -

I've had a reservation since day 1 of the power wall announcement, haven't heard squat from anyone.
Indeed.

Powerwalls at the residential 10kWh and 7kWh home batteries. The Powerpack is for commercial use and is 100 kWh.
Yes those are the sizes offerred. I did a search and couldn't find any mention that Green Mountain Power had installed any Powerpacks for themselves or their sustomers. In addition to the link provided above there is plenty of info on their offering of Powerwalls. Can you provide any information for your original statement that they have installed Powerpacks? I do know of a Powerpack install in Florida and several in California.

Last edited:
I just received this today.

Graphic.php?IM=IM_3WqgEb73JTRXIP3.jpg

Thank you for your interest in the Tesla Powerwall. As a Tesla vehicle owner, your needs are of particular importance to us. In order to determine the best path forward for you, we ask that you take the following survey. Your feedback will enable us to best approach the specific needs of your home.

I completed the survey which was very detailed covering my goals for the Powerwall, address of installation, details about my solar setup, and copies of my latest utility bills.

They also asked for my preference for time to be contacted by phone to take the next steps.

The survey auto-responded with an email containing a summary of my survey input.

Hopefully this means they are starting to move forward with production and installations soon.

I just received this today.

Graphic.php?IM=IM_3WqgEb73JTRXIP3.jpg

Thank you for your interest in the Tesla Powerwall. As a Tesla vehicle owner, your needs are of particular importance to us. In order to determine the best path forward for you, we ask that you take the following survey. Your feedback will enable us to best approach the specific needs of your home.

I completed the survey which was very detailed covering my goals for the Powerwall, address of installation, details about my solar setup, and copies of my latest utility bills.

They also asked for my preference for time to be contacted by phone to take the next steps.

The survey auto-responded with an email containing a summary of my survey input.

Hopefully this means they are starting to move forward with production and installations soon.

I just received the exact same email.

I think what happened is that the SolarEdge inverter needed is not yet quite ready, at least in the US, according to the person at Tesla Energy that I am communicating with. He says he could sell me a Powerwall but the inverter is not yet compatible. He makes it sound like it will be ready in the very near future.

There is 1 in the UK as well, but just a demo unit.

Welsh home installs UK's first Tesla Powerwall storage battery

I suspect they are all trial units so far, and the version 2 will be the standard they roll out to customers.
Here's another of the first batch of 90 Powerwalls to reach the UK, in my garage.
powerwall.jpg

and the SolarEdge web portal on day 1:
first_day.jpg

It is now set up to avoid discharging during my off-peak (=car charging) hours so it replaces more expensive day-rate power.
Will it ever pay for itself? I honestly don't care - it makes a difference to me, and that's what matters!