Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk working to fix UK insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CMc1

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2019
North, UK
Not sure if this means Tesla Insurance or just looking to see how they can reassure insurers.

He went out of his way to reply to a message from back in April.

Elon Musk on Twitter
DF4D3CF8-AA97-456D-AD0B-9C83CE94E186.jpeg

87B36A9B-A5AE-414C-B17E-F4EA538C0B5F.jpeg

Reactions: Ant M3
Thats reassuring and great news, cheapest quote I can find is around £950 with Direct Line, quote prices seem random too, many brokers I rang just didn't want to know, yet some lucky individuals seem to get more reasonable £500 or less quotes.

NB Im 35, 11 years NCB discount, no accidents or endorsements.

Reactions: michnay
I think we are all over hoping that Tesla is going to come in and insurance premiums are going to half overnight. I just can't see it happening.

It would be much easier for Tesla to work with existing insurance companies and provide the data they want/need to be able to quote. Quotes are high because there is no competition. And there's no competition because most insurance companies don't have enough data to quote.

I think we are all over hoping that Tesla is going to come in and insurance premiums are going to half overnight. I just can't see it happening.

It would be much easier for Tesla to work with existing insurance companies and provide the data they want/need to be able to quote. Quotes are high because there is no competition. And there's no competition because most insurance companies don't have enough data to quote.
that or lower the cost of replacement parts!