Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Musk's Dispute With SEC Goes to Court Thursday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Securities and Exchange Commission told the judge considering its complaint against Elon Musk that there is no reason for the parties to gather in court. There most recent filing essentially declared victory. “The SEC respectfully submits that, because there appears to be no disputed issues of material fact, an evidentiary hearing is unnecessary,” the...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/04/02/musks-dispute-with-sec-goes-to-court-thursday/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Sadly, Elon Musk is too disruptive to Big Oil, Big Vehicles, Big Coal, Big Wall Street, Big Defense (spacex)
even public transport with HyperLoop and Boring Co. They all really want to see him go - and they all have a lot of money.

Even in Seattle we have our "big cost over run with the largest tunneling machine ever made" why? Was it cheaper? was it faster? was it easier? None of those. BUT it did take longer, cost more than anyone imagined (got the entire State to help pay for) and a great source for banks to sell bonds to the wealthy. Boston Big Dig - another great example.

Elon the immigrant from South Africa partial educated in Canada. Can't have him showing Corporations how to provide value. War criminals, HealthCare criminals, ~30 million without healthcare, $1.5 trillion college loans, largest prison population in the entire world - ~25% well over 2 million people costing what? +$70,000 per prisoner/year?? My little home town <25,000 people pays our county $93,000/prisoner/year.

This is the wealthiest Empire the World have ever known. And it may be the last?

• Disagree
Reactions: gowthamn
Sadly, Elon Musk is too disruptive to...
...Tesla. There I fixed it for you.

You can't play by a different set of rules just because you don't like the rules.

Elon: Dear Court, I promise to behave with my tweeting from now on. I'll be a grown up.

Elon: <misbehaves with tweets and completely ignores his promises>

SEC: Hey wait a minute, you promised you wouldn't do that.

Elon: But, but, "It's the constitution, man". Plus you suck and I don't wanna follow your rulez. Smokes some weed.

Court: Unimpressed that a CEO and former Chairman of a multi billion dollar company can act like such a petulant child.

...Tesla. There I fixed it for you.

You can't play by a different set of rules just because you don't like the rules.

Elon: Dear Court, I promise to behave with my tweeting from now on. I'll be a grown up.

Elon: <misbehaves with tweets and completely ignores his promises>

SEC: Hey wait a minute, you promised you wouldn't do that.

Elon: But, but, "It's the constitution, man". Plus you suck and I don't wanna follow your rulez. Smokes some weed.

Court: Unimpressed that a CEO and former Chairman of a multi billion dollar company can act like such a petulant child.

Your post is full of assumptions. It is not up to you to decide if Elon "misbehaved". It is not up to you to decide whether or not he is following the rules. It's not even up to the SEC. It is only up to the judge to decide if the agreement entered into by two parties was violated.

And of course... your last line assumes the court's position, which is not yet known.

Reactions: dauger
Your post is full of assumptions. It is not up to you to decide if Elon "misbehaved". It is not up to you to decide whether or not he is following the rules. It's not even up to the SEC. It is only up to the judge to decide if the agreement entered into by two parties was violated.

And of course... your last line assumes the court's position, which is not yet known.

Actually he was told to get tweets about his company preapproved. He didn't.

• Disagree
Reactions: gowthamn and dauger
Actually he was told to get tweets about his company preapproved. He didn't.
It is important to illuminate the actual agreement, which doesn't require ALL tweets to be pre-approved.

In fact, the agreement ACTUALLY requires Musk to "comply with all mandatory procedures implemented by Tesla" in regards to his communication.

SEC Settlement With Elon Musk

The agreement requires Musk to:

"comply with all mandatory procedures implemented by Tesla"..."regarding the oversight of communications relating to the company made in any format"

and

"comply with all mandatory procedures implemented by Tesla"..."regarding pre-approval of any such written communications that contain, or could reasonably contain information material to the Company or its shareholders"

The actual agreement and what is being reported and discussed are quite different.

If Tesla has implemented mandatory procedures for communication and Elon Musk has not complied with these procedures - then he would appear to be in contempt. Elon's own statements about this will likely have him hoisted by his own petard.

censorship - Orwell's 1984 (published 1948) tries to explain how governments work to control people.

- Perpetual War - sounds like the war on terror??
- Double Speak - Department of Defense - fighting illegal wars since Korea - and how many "invasion of the US has Defense Department stopped and how many wars have they started? Did they teach that number in school? Most US citizens don't even know.
- Communicate? using twitter - and now a Judge gets to decide IF you can say something? Free Speech? only if you say what Wall St. wants to hear? Welcome to the Land of the Free and the SEC.

The US Constitution - no one reads that, and even fewer try to understand what it says. (not perfect, but a good start and it still took the largest US war deaths to end slavery (US Civil War) - yes more citizens died in Civil War than in WWII.
And some Australian wants to tell us about how some South African immigrant can't be allowed free speech and say stupid *sugar* (in his opinion). Twitter more powerful than all those SEC filings done year in and year out?

Heads up - you buy Tesla products - not Tesla communications. You are free to not like it. AND you can use that as a reason to not buy Tesla vehicles. DO you check with a Judge before you write? Seems you have more free speech than Elon Musk. Here in the US the SEC seems to control "free speech" - now if they could just control the "free speech" of US politicians, perhaps the US Military won't be the largest killer of humans on our Planet Earth.

Is it true that even Australians go help in these killings? How many Australians have died in Afghanistan since 1979? My mistake that was Brezinski and the CIA and Congressman Charlie Wilson I guess only the last 15 years have Australians been able to help in Afghanistan killings. Sorry, trying to make sense of a senseless war is a fool's errand. Which might help explain why +20 US vets and soldiers commit suicide EVERY DAY in the US.

please internet search any of the above you find unbelievable, so you can decide for yourself

Last edited: