Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must Be Doing Something Wrong with Sentry Retrieval

FunSecured

Sep 7, 2019
Laguna Beach
I think you may be right. I have a refreshed S and I’ve tried formatting in the car out of the car using a different stick…all to no avail. The icon won’t appear. Anyone having similar or suggestions?

Big Earl

bnkwupt
Supporting Member
Jul 12, 2017
Springfield, VA
Maybe this isn't your issue, but it's worth mentioning: you have to stop recording before the option to view the launcher becomes available. Press and hold the camera icon to stop/start recording.

FunSecured

Sep 7, 2019
Laguna Beach
Yeah…familiar. There IS -NO- button appearing on my screen - whatsoever.
I can invoke Dashcam viewer by voice command only (when a stick is in and has been formatted) BUT…it will only show current time and historical files cannot be accessed (they appear as blacked out thumbnails). I CANNOT either find a way to cause the Dashcam or Sentry Icons to appear on screen, ever-anywhere now. We have multiple Tesla vehicles and I have used and formatted in our other cars so…somewhat familiar. I think it’s a bug or firmware or chip issue maybe? Heard they had to use different chips with some cars because of shortage and they had to write firmware (think that actually came from Elon saying). Not sure if this it but…I’m doubtful it’s the multiple USB sticks I’ve used or user error

bo3bdar

Feb 21, 2021
Silicon Valley
I think this might be yet another new bug from the fine software developers. On my Model 3, it stopped letting me tap the notification icon to let me view events. Also nothing in the menu to launch viewer. The only time I can launch viewer now is at home, regardless of on/off in Sentry Mode or Park.

Timbo2

Jun 8, 2019
USA
As a possible workaround have you tried to reformat (FAT32) AND manually create an empty folder called "TeslaCam" from a PC?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC