Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must-Have Accessories for soon to obtain New M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious what 'must have' accessories everyone suggests for the M3 (Mine will hopefully arrive in the next couple weeks).

I did order the console wireless phone charger and some leather console wraps as I think the shiny black console is the worst thing on this car!

Floor mats. Mine were about $99.

I held off on a frunk mat, and don’t feel I need it. It just holds the odds and ends that would otherwise consume the trunk. YMMV

Cup holder liners. They are cheap ($10)

An SSD and a Y-adapter to still allow 2 phone chargers plus Sentry mode. $90 or so, but it can be done much cheaper.

Floor mats. Mine were about $99.

I held off on a frunk mat, and don’t feel I need it. It just holds the odds and ends that would otherwise consume the trunk. YMMV

Cup holder liners. They are cheap ($10)

An SSD and a Y-adapter to still allow 2 phone chargers plus Sentry mode. $90 or so, but it can be done much cheaper.

which mats did you end up going with - and would you buy them again?

sentry mode storage plugs into the usb inside the console? If so great tip on an adapter!

I got these. There was a coupon at the time that got me close to $100. Doesn’t look as great now, with only a $10 coupon.

SUMK 3D Complete Set Custom Fit All-Weather Floor Mats for Tesla Model 3 2017, 2018, 2019 Black (3 Piece a Set) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VBDML98/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_SCj3DbKD9HXVV

These liners for $10.95, again, I’m seeing these up $4 since October.

CupHolderHero for Tesla Model 3 2017-2020 Custom Fit Cup Holder and Center Console Compartment Liner Accessories 7-pc Set (Solid Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FN6975Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_BGj3DbP4XGBGN

However, to do it over, I would just get the cup holder liners. The other bits aren’t necessary.

I got these. There was a coupon at the time that got me close to $100. Doesn’t look as great now, with only a $10 coupon.

SUMK 3D Complete Set Custom Fit All-Weather Floor Mats for Tesla Model 3 2017, 2018, 2019 Black (3 Piece a Set) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VBDML98/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_SCj3DbKD9HXVV

These liners for $10.95, again, I’m seeing these up $4 since October.

CupHolderHero for Tesla Model 3 2017-2020 Custom Fit Cup Holder and Center Console Compartment Liner Accessories 7-pc Set (Solid Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FN6975Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_BGj3DbP4XGBGN

However, to do it over, I would just get the cup holder liners. The other bits aren’t necessary.

Keep an eye on the Taptes sales as well. These are routinely $100 as well. They sound similar to what I got.

I got my stealth friday and have already bought way too much for it.

Taptes charger from amazon. There was a sale on it a few days ago, look into it. Its awesome.

maxpider mats. These are the best mats you can buy. Ive had them on my last 5 vehicles. Autoanything had two codes that stacked and got them for $136 shipped. Cant remember what the codes were. Just ordered both trunk mats today from amazon.

abstract ocean matte screen protector gen 3. Highly recommended.

carbon fiber console wrap from ev wraps on amazon. Looks awesome in person.

Bought homelink today.

Wall charger from tesla. Might not be needed for your situation.

Ordered samsung ssd and carbon fiber spoiler from amazon. SSD should be great, will see if the spoiler is.

Amazon sport pedals. Cheap and look good.

Sill protectors from amazon. They prevent the model 3 plaque from getting scratched

Im hardwiring my valentine one today.

I’d recommend that you have a flash drive, SSD, or MicroSD w/ adapter formatted and ready to go for delivery.

From there, floor mats, a screen protector, and console wrap if you don’t like the piano black console. I also picked up a console organizer for the front compartment under the phone holder.

I contemplated PPF but decided that the investment wasn’t worth it as I’d likely be trading in my Model 3 within a few years and likely will not see that investment in the trade-in value. I’ve picked up a couple good rock chips but nothing a little touch up paint cant fix.

Look into a faster charging solution depending upon your at home parking situation. A wall connector is highly recommended if you can accommodate one, otherwise an adapter for the included mobile connector is recommended. Depending upon where you live, the higher current helps with keeping the battery warm during the winter while charging & pre-heating your car.

I have a Model 3 Performance Stealth/Sleeper/Unicorn or w/e the kids are calling them these days. I liked the performance pedals and carbon fiber spoiler, so I found some great alternatives on Amazon and just put those on in the last week.

Overall, I am quite happy with the above accessories.

Here's what I got and recommend:

OEM all weather floor liners
OEM frunk/trunk all weather mats (not sure I'd bother with the frunk mat)
Nomad wireless charging pad (my favorite accessory)
3Tray Tesla premium center console organizer

Curious what 'must have' accessories everyone suggests for the M3 (Mine will hopefully arrive in the next couple weeks).

I did order the console wireless phone charger and some leather console wraps as I think the shiny black console is the worst thing on this car!
Ppf on the front part (not full) I’d budget is an issue. Because you’ll likely drive it way more that your old gas car. That was my first accessory. Cost $1200 but it’s already paid for twice when I got hit by debris. It messed the ppf but the paint is in tact. Otherwise you should also do rubber floor mats. I still don’t have this accessory.

Here's what I got and recommend:

OEM all weather floor liners
OEM frunk/trunk all weather mats (not sure I'd bother with the frunk mat)
Nomad wireless charging pad (my favorite accessory)
3Tray Tesla premium center console organizer

Maxpider mats are way better.
Taptes you can charge vertically and horizontally. It's also cheaper than nomad.