Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must have accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have a list of "Must Have" Accessories that you plan to get, or already have. for your 3?

My list so far is:

Centre Console Wrap - I purchased mine from Abstract Ocean, I got the Matrix Black
Anti Glare Screen Protector - Also purchased from Abstract Ocean
Front License Plate Holder - I really like "The Bandit" but its damn expensive. I bought the Bozzmount from Slybrackets as it's half the cost.
Floor Mats - I've pre-ordered the MAXpider floor mats from PartCatalog.com
Center Cap and Lugnut Covers - I plan on getting these from Tesla once they figure out why I can buy from their online store

Any other accessories that you'd recommend?

Beyond your list, I'd add a few things, especially if you go off the beaten path - look at optional plug adapters. If you get someplace where there's no supercharging, you may want it. I'm unsure whether they're compatible or if they're included with the 3, but there's a couple I added just in case (Chamedo, J1772). Note, that I think the extra adapters are becoming unnecessary as the SuperCharger network is continually expanding, but you never know.

I would suggest looking at something for the windows too - wait until mid-summer and see how it feels. In the Model S, it can get very warm - so for me that's a tint that doesn't reduce visibility but does reflect heat and glare.

Dashcams I'm on the fence right now. If Tesla delivers the software with V9 and it fully works (ie. I can use it to monitor/record the car when not in use, can access/download streaming as a result of an incident, and a few other things) then I'm not going to get a dashcam. They're invaluable when you get into an accident though.

Oh, and although you added kleenex, add in toilet paper too. God knows how many times THAT's come in handy on longer road trips. ;)

Reactions: Koflach
>> I bought the Bozzmount from Slybrackets as it's half the cost <<

I assume they are in USD, right?

btw, you are ordering without even know when u will get it? I ordered the same day as you are, crossing my finger.
yes, they are in USD.

No, I don't know when i'm getting the car but I know I will have it eventually. Why not have all these things on day one instead of getting the car and having to deal with the front factory license plate mount, scratches on the centre console or glare on the screen?

This accessory (wish) list is based on the comparison of a regular $150k ICE sedan/ SUV and Model X: Rear seat armrests, seat massager, Handheld mouse, Heatshield sunshade, Photosync ceramic tint, Tesla black wall connector, Door sill protector, roof high vacuum roof rack
www.seasucker.com , microfibre soft water resistant floor mats, tire repair and pump kit, leather trash bag, wireless charger, anti glare glass 4H screen protector, key fob leather case, cell phone leather holder, door handle decal protector, quilted seat leather cover (not yet spotted a good one of my choice), air freshener, tissue box holder, charging cable organizer, rear seat mounted tray, jack pad rubber adapter, air bed for camping or emergency, a minus size set of winter tire + wheel package, few other apps for tesla like Remote S for apple watch, abetterrouteplanner.com (no app yet). But I'm not sure on paint protection requirement such as film or coating. Whether the absence of rear glass wiper creates any issue during pouring rain (with camera also masked by the downpour)?- any suggested glass coating to aid rain water slip away?

Not trying to be a buzzkill, but no items are 'must have.' 'nice to have' at most; because they are all accessories/add-ons.
this video went through some nice-to-have items.

I got full front xpel wrap, tesla aero cap kit, bandit front license plate holder, tesla paint correction kit, tesla all weather floormat (optional. Depends on where people live). Mainly for cosmetic and cleanliness of the car

Reactions: Vawlkus