Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must have accessories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. Just piling on the love for: Amazon.com: Rola 59001 M.O.V.E. Rigid-Base Trunk Organizer: Automotive

It fits in the footwell perfectly and the inserts are adjustable. What used to be a larger organizer filled with golf gear in the trunk of my A5 is now hiding in the footwell with much easier access.

View attachment 82475[/QUE]
Just one click ordered from Amazon. It is perfect for next month's driving up the coast golf excursion to Napa.
That one click is dangerous.

Thanks for the suggestion. I heard good things about the "Slime Kit" a while ago and coincidentally ordered it last week. But when I took delivery of my p85d yesterday in Rockville, I was pleasantly surprised that the Tesla Tire Repair kit is included free with all vehicles delivered in Maryland - per the DS. So going to return the Slime Kit back to Amazon..

The pump in the slime kit saved me a tow truck this morning. Was able to get enough air into it to drive to tire shop and get tire repaired instead of the tire getting too low and destroyed. Pulled this out.

455dba49e9c1fe8ea423a2cd19c9e8af.jpg

The pump in the slime kit saved me a tow truck this morning. Was able to get enough air into it to drive to tire shop and get tire repaired instead of the tire getting too low and destroyed. Pulled this out.

You mentioned the pump in the slime kit, but not the actual slime. Did you not use the slime? I ask because I thought I had heard that there were issues, if you use stuff like the slime, or fix-a-flat, with then being able to have the tire repaired. Can anyone shed any light on that?

You mentioned the pump in the slime kit, but not the actual slime. Did you not use the slime? I ask because I thought I had heard that there were issues, if you use stuff like the slime, or fix-a-flat, with then being able to have the tire repaired. Can anyone shed any light on that?

No I didn't use the slime. I also heard that if you use that stuff it makes the tire non-repairable.

D5BeSQx.jpg

On the inside of both sides are three pockets for miscellaneous stuff. On the outside of both is a mesh pocket. In the back is a zippered bay. On the front is a "flip panel" to reinforce the strength of the barrier to the cup holders. The taper of the bowling alley causes that extra flap to flex, creating an extra pocket area. Plenty of room, a hidden area (zipper in back), and sections to store loose stuff. Another great purchase especially now that I can't get a center console in Obece.

My car went in for service today and I got a newer Model S as a loaner. When I went to move my Travel Pal into the loaner, I was dismayed to find that the yacht floor seems to reduce the depth of the bowling alley by about 2 or so inches. As such, it doesn't fit in quite as nicely as in my car. Keep that mind as it doesn't just look like a perfect fit anymore on newer cars that automatically come with yacht flooring. As such, it isn't quite "wedged" in underneath the cubby for a streamlined fit.

ftTA9xG.jpg

Last edited:
Given the topic maybe some of you have a solution for my particular fetish. I have the tesla console in my car but i also want a small trash bag. The ones I have previously used are held in pace typically by the transmission shift level, and we don't have one. Have any of you solved that issue neatly?
It is trivial but Mrs jbc wants one!

Yes, as required by Maryland law. New passenger or multipurpose motor vehicles sold in MD must have either a spare tire, run-flat capability, or a factory-installed temporary tire repair kit.

For more detail, see: § 22-405 - 3. Spare tires
---
When I took delivery of my Tesla in Aug 2013, the tire repair kit was not included. When I asked about the kit, the service rep immediately apologized for their oversight and gave me one.

Interesting, my leaf has none of that and I bought it here in MD.... It does have free roadside assistance though... I guess I will ask about that....

- - - Updated - - -

Supposedly the slime in the kit will not render the tire non-repairable.

Compact emergency flat tire sealants are fast-replacing spare tires

Many years ago, I worked as a tire technician....the slime never rendered a tire unusable or fixable...just caused a big mess for us technicians...Many tire dealers will say that so they can sell you two new tires.... It all depends on where the hole it....side walls are not repairable period....

If you replace one tire you should get a second one to match tread height on opposite tire for proper handleing....

Here is my must-have-list:
+ Premium front console [$600]
+ TSportLine 19" gray wheels [$1860] + Tesla genuine wheel caps [~ $50]
+ Wheel bands [$110]
+ BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection [$100]
+ Rain Repellent Glass Treatment [$30]
+ Removable Front License Plate Bracket [$115]
+ Trunk organizer [$50]
+ NVX subwoofer [$1,000]
+ Caliper Paint Kit [$80] + Caliper decals "T E S L A" [$10]

Subtotal is $4,005
- $2,500 savings with standard audio