Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must have accessories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pete, any info on how that works? It's not clear from the picture. Anyway, if you're going to Costco tomorrow, I'll take one from you! ;)

:) Normally I would be, but I've wrecked my foot, so excursions and product photos are in short supply...

Basically the slimline model shares the same 'ball mount' that sticks to the dash. The difference is rather than having the magnetic button on the phone, it stays on the ball, and the phone just has a magnetic disk either stuck to it, or positioned under a case (if the case is thin). This photo probably shows things better, but I'll get better photos loaded to the site as soon as I can hobble out to my car.

temp mounting photo.jpg

What are wheel bands? Which trunk organizer do you like? I am very happy with the B.O.O.S.T. I mentioned earlier in the thread.

Wheel bands (aka wheel protectors) are thick plastic that goes between the tire and the rim flange and protects against curb rash. Some people have good success and others don't (tire vibration and such).

:) Normally I would be, but I've wrecked my foot, so excursions and product photos are in short supply...

Basically the slimline model shares the same 'ball mount' that sticks to the dash. The difference is rather than having the magnetic button on the phone, it stays on the ball, and the phone just has a magnetic disk either stuck to it, or positioned under a case (if the case is thin). This photo probably shows things better, but I'll get better photos loaded to the site as soon as I can hobble out to my car.

View attachment 86336

Neat. So conceptually it might go into the Apple leather case and be completely invisible? Sign me up!

View attachment 86336

Perfect! That was my biggest gripe about the other wheelie-type stands. I may have to consider this whenever my current one fails as I feel the ball mounts provide greater flexible/range of motion.

- - - Updated - - -

Wheel bands (aka wheel protectors) are thick plastic that goes between the tire and the rim flange and protects against curb rash. Some people have good success and others don't (tire vibration and such).
These are the wheel bands from EVAnnex: Tesla Model S Wheel Bands
Thanks. Thankfully my 19s haven't needed them. At Cars and Coffee yesterday, we saw I curbed my tire, but the wheel never got touched.

- - - Updated - - -

Neat. So conceptually it might go into the Apple leather case and be completely invisible? Sign me up!

Exactly. I have a different product I bought from Anazon (posted earlier in this thread) that's a ball on an arm with a magnetic clip like this. I put the two plates that came with it between the phone and the back of the case and it works great. I put both plates so it can "stick" from most anywhere on such a large phone. Otherwise, you might need to line up where the phone has the magnetic circle to magnet on the wheelie.

Yes, that's exactly what my wife does with her iPhone 6 and Apple leather case, the disk is in-between the case and the phone, totally invisible. Because I've not been able to drive I've not tested the same set-up with my 6+, but will post an update when I can. That said, I personally like the original version, just because I can 'stick' my phone anywhere, mostly on the elliptical at the gym.

Here's a must-have accessory: vastly improved LED trunk lighting, for around $40 ($30 for the lights, $10 for AAA batteries.) They attach with double-sided adhesive tape; no tools required. The light strips are motion-sensing, so they turn on when there's any movement in the trunk area.

At night, it can be hard to see items in your trunk, because factory trunk lighting looks like this:

EPA9Yfd.jpg

But with the addition of two stick-on LED light strips, it now looks like this:

7xCpIMj.jpg

The light strips attach to the underside of the plastic rails that support the parcel shelf. The third strip goes in the frunk.
Credit for the idea goes to aarnold on the TM forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: No ICE
Here is my must-have-list:
+ Premium front console [$600]
+ TSportLine 19" gray wheels [$1860] + Tesla genuine wheel caps [~ $50]
+ Wheel bands [$110]
+ BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection [$100]
+ Rain Repellent Glass Treatment [$30]
+ Removable Front License Plate Bracket [$115]
+ Trunk organizer [$50]
+ NVX subwoofer [$1,000]
+ Caliper Paint Kit [$80] + Caliper decals "T E S L A" [$10]

Subtotal is $4,005
- $2,500 savings with standard audio
- $700 for selling original 19" wheels on eBay

Total = $805
How about some links?

How about some links?

I had previous post with links, but it took a while to be approved by moderators, so I have posted without links. I will try again now

- - - Updated - - -

How about some links?

Premium front console [$600]
Tesla Accessories and Charging Adapters Premium Front Console

TSportLine 19" gray wheels [$1860] + Tesla genuine wheel caps [~ $50]
TST Tesla Aftermarket Wheel 19x8.5

Wheel bands [$110]
Tesla Model S Wheel Bands

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection [$100]
BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, paint sealant, synthetic sealant, blackfire sealant

Rain Repellent Glass Treatment [$30]
Amazon.com: 6 AQUAPEL Windshield/Glass Water Repellant TREATMENTS: Automotive

Removable Front License Plate Bracket [$115]
Removable Tesla Model S Front License Plate Bracket Review - TESLARATI.com

Trunk organizer [$50]
Amazon.com: Rola 59001 M.O.V.E. Rigid-Base Trunk Organizer: Automotive

NVX subwoofer [$1,000]
Review: NVX Custom Tesla Model S Subwoofer System - TESLARATI.com

Yes, that's exactly what my wife does with her iPhone 6 and Apple leather case, the disk is in-between the case and the phone, totally invisible. Because I've not been able to drive I've not tested the same set-up with my 6+, but will post an update when I can. That said, I personally like the original version, just because I can 'stick' my phone anywhere, mostly on the elliptical at the gym.

It is awesome and make my favorite mount even better. The disk fit right between phone and case and holds the phone in place better than the original. Thanks!
469f10392486a7a010c7e7d4121e8dbd.jpg

Tire pressure gauge, tire pump which can be powered by the 12V power outlet and has a long cord, Chargepoint card (just in case, and you don't need to put money on it as most Chargepoint stations are free), all the ends for the UMC (so you can plug in ANYWHERE), and yes, the rubber mats for interior/trunk/frunk. I swear by the rubber mats.

This thread has been around for a while, so I apologize if I already have posted this...

forget the tire gauge....get Fobo tire monitors. Check pressure from your smartphone, and get an alert if one is low or high. Can set it for just a couple of pounds low, unlike the one built into the car, so you get early warning if something is amiss...
FOBO Tire Plus - FOBO

With my car currently in production, I'm thinking of what accessories I should pick up.

Any recommendations?

Trunk Midgets. Virtual Must Have. I have two of them, Midget 1 is designated as Vinny, Midget 2 is designated Geno. When someone attempts to touch Killer-Watt, They exit the vehicle and remove the intruder. Midget 2 is also equipped with advanced voice commands, and can do tedious tasks such as close charge port (for those of us that don't have the new motorized closing ports), "Supercharger Plug In", Fast Food Restaurant Visual Locator, and Pointing Out the Obvious.

I do not think I could live with out my Trunk Midgets. They are that much of a Must Have. Midget 1 was the Prototype, Unfortunately due to a Misplaced Extra Chromosome, functionality is limited, though does have a nice Bite Feature for intruders, though occasionally malfunctions, such as mis-placement of beverages, and excessive banging on interior trim.
Midget 2 was manufactured with the proper number of Chromosomes, and was included with advanced features, such as capacity to learn and adapt to situations, advanced voice commands, and is self upgrading, and performs self maintenance cycles at every supercharger stop.

Last edited:
This thread has been around for a while, so I apologize if I already have posted this...

forget the tire gauge....get Fobo tire monitors. Check pressure from your smartphone, and get an alert if one is low or high. Can set it for just a couple of pounds low, unlike the one built into the car, so you get early warning if something is amiss...
FOBO Tire Plus - FOBO
I, too, recommend the FOBO tire sensors. Don't forget to rebalance the wheels after installing the sensors, however.