Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must have accessories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought one of these NOCO Genius Boost boxes. It's quite small and light and I figure if my 12v ever goes dead, this would be perfect to boost it to get the car out of Park and ready for towing. I've already used it a couple of times to boost other ICE cars with dead batteries. It also has USB out to charge phones, tablets and such and has a built-in flashlight. I also keep a plastic trim pry tool to pop the nosecone off.

I also highly recommend the Tesla Dual Charger option. In my area, there are tons of 70 and 80 amp J1772 stations, and this option can cut your wait time in half.

I got this cool trunk organizer
Rola 59001 M.O.V.E. Rigid-Base Trunk Organizer Amazon.com: Rola 59001 M.O.V.E. Rigid-Base Trunk Organizer: Automotive

After seeing this post, I looked at the item on Amazon and decided to purchase it. Put it in my trunk footwell last night and this thing is amazing! It's a perfect size. It just tucks under the beams on the sides of the footwell before you reach the "cubby" area on each side. The height is perfect that the footwell cover closes as normal. The depth is just right to cover the full area except for the sloping edges. Combined withe movable dividers, this is now a must have accessory! Mine is empty right now, but I will definitely make good use out of it!

After seeing this post, I looked at the item on Amazon and decided to purchase it. Put it in my trunk footwell last night and this thing is amazing! It's a perfect size. It just tucks under the beams on the sides of the footwell before you reach the "cubby" area on each side. The height is perfect that the footwell cover closes as normal. The depth is just right to cover the full area except for the sloping edges. Combined withe movable dividers, this is now a must have accessory! Mine is empty right now, but I will definitely make good use out of it!

You guys just made this golfer quite happy. My plan was to use the footwell for all of my extra golf gear. This looks awesome. Thanks!

- HPWC and charge cards/charge network accounts are a must to me. The HPWC is too sexy and convenient not to get.

- Tinted windows is really nice for the aesthetic and the thermal/visual benefits, but not everyone is into it. I think it makes my grey on grey MS look like the Batmobile.

- Dual chargers: I have this from the factory-installed era ... and I love it, but I've only "needed" the faster charging rate maybe 2 times so far in 9,000 miles. In almost all scenarios, 40A charging does the job overnight no matter what. Superchargers take care of the rest. I would say this is a "would like" but not a "must have."

- HPWC and charge cards/charge network accounts are a must to me. The HPWC is too sexy and convenient not to get.

- Tinted windows is really nice for the aesthetic and the thermal/visual benefits, but not everyone is into it. I think it makes my grey on grey MS look like the Batmobile.

- Dual chargers: I have this from the factory-installed era ... and I love it, but I've only "needed" the faster charging rate maybe 2 times so far in 9,000 miles. In almost all scenarios, 40A charging does the job overnight no matter what. Superchargers take care of the rest. I would say this is a "would like" but not a "must have."

Sorry for the dumb question, but if you don't get Dual Chargers, the HPWC is pretty much useless, isn't it?

Just to mention that tinting is available in a variety of shades. In my area, I know of at least one local detailer who offers a ceramic tint (thermal benefits) that lets 80% of light through. The base windows with the Tesla are already at this level (unless the previous owner of my CPO tinted the windows - which is entirely possible). My neighbor got "Air80" on all windows and it made a big energy difference without making the car look dark.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the dumb question, but if you don't get Dual Chargers, the HPWC is pretty much useless, isn't it?

Not necessarily. Some people, like @tliving, do not want to pack/unpack their UMC every day. He went down the road of buying a second UMC, but now that the HPWC is only $100 more expensive than a UMC (it used to $1,200), some people have opted to buy the HPWC even with single chargers so they can leave the UMC in their car. It really depends on your use case.

Not really. You can set the HPWC for lower currents if you don't have the circuit capacity in your home. I do have dual chargers, but only the capacity for a 50 amp (40 amp continuous) outlet in the garage. I was considering a "spare" UMC so I can leave one in the car, but for $100 more, I might just go for a HPWC with the dip switches set for 40 amps and then just leave my existing UMC in the car.

FWIW, I take advantage of my dual chargers almost daily at 70 and 80 amp J1772 stations, including at my office.

Not really. You can set the HPWC for lower currents if you don't have the circuit capacity in your home. I do have dual chargers, but only the capacity for a 50 amp (40 amp continuous) outlet in the garage. I was considering a "spare" UMC so I can leave one in the car, but for $100 more, I might just go for a HPWC with the dip switches set for 40 amps and then just leave my existing UMC in the car.

FWIW, I take advantage of my dual chargers almost daily at 70 and 80 amp J1772 stations, including at my office.

MKNOX, I'm completely with you. The HPWC is a permanent install. I have a carport (the wife gets the garage with the convertible). So, leaving my UMC plugged in all day when I'm not there just isn't a good thing.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but with a 50 amp breaker/40 amp service, the HPWC charges at 29 miles/hour. Can the UMC provide that same level?

If it can be useful, their car cover is good quality.

An example: I have a voluminous garage, which means a lot of shopwork also occurs there. And no matter how sophisticated your collection system, sawdust will travel. The cover is great for that purpose.

I took a photo tonight after picking up some supplies and dinner. I love this accessory!!
TVNcWXa.jpg

There is another divider that I folded down to put the storage container. They Velcro to the outside of the unit, so it's easy to move them around as needed.

I took a photo tonight after picking up some supplies and dinner. I love this accessory!

There is another divider that I folded down to put the storage container. They Velcro to the outside of the unit, so it's easy to move them around as needed.

Mine shows up tomorrow! Already imaging my golf gear layout. :smile: Thank you again both of you for mentioning it.

Now.... If I can find something to hold my loose change? Yessss

MKNOX, I'm completely with you. The HPWC is a permanent install. I have a carport (the wife gets the garage with the convertible). So, leaving my UMC plugged in all day when I'm not there just isn't a good thing.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but with a 50 amp breaker/40 amp service, the HPWC charges at 29 miles/hour. Can the UMC provide that same level?
The HPWC cable is thicker than the UMC cable. I've not done side-by-side tests, but I suspect that the wire resistance might be just enough to drop the UMC's charge rate to 28 miles/hour. I have noticed that the UMC cable warms up more than the HPWC cable.