Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must have accessories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cyclone- Have you installed the diono travel Pal? Does it fit well in the "bowling alley" area?

D5BeSQx.jpg

On the inside of both sides are three pockets for miscellaneous stuff. On the outside of both is a mesh pocket. In the back is a zippered bay. On the front is a "flip panel" to reinforce the strength of the barrier to the cup holders. The taper of the bowling alley causes that extra flap to flex, creating an extra pocket area. Plenty of room, a hidden area (zipper in back), and sections to store loose stuff. Another great purchase especially now that I can't get a center console in Obece.

- - - Updated - - -

In my other vehicle I had a CD tray magnetic mount to hold my iPhone 6+ in a good spot. I got this one for the Tesla. Works great and the swing arm gives the phone a nice angle towards me. Its a perfect compliment to augmenting the 17" display (especially with Waze and Pandora).

sbbZ7Hy.jpg

5QTKKW6.jpg

Last edited:
I've used it, but the routing of Waze is growing on me. In my prior car I used Apple Maps and Google Maps for the times I needed it. In anticipation of the Tesla, I used Waze a bit to get used to the interface and its personality. While it still sometimes makes some odd routing decisions, it has been by far the best when routing me around traffic. As such, I've continued to it from my phone rather than use Tesla's NAV and have the Waze incidents site up on the browser.

@Cyclone do you have a link for that magnetic holder? I think that just got put on my "must have" list.

Nevermind, found it. Looks like it requires a case... eh

Yes. I have a metal bumper + rubber back case. I put the magnet between the rubber and the phone. It comes with an adhesive back to stick to your phone, but you probably wouldn't want that. Here is the link if others are interested though:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M807UK8

- - - Updated - - -

Additionally, for those with a front microwave area (i.e. single motor Model S):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007XAILUG

5z2yiNF.jpg

so far: Chargedemo adaptor, SEMAconnect and EVgo charge cards.
looking into a good fast tire repair kit for emergencies..

Here you go. Amazon.com: Slime 70005 Safety Spair 7-Minute Flat Tire Repair System: Automotive

Buy this if you'd rather try to plug the hole instead of using the sealant: Amazon.com: Slime 1034-A T-Handle Tire Plug Kit: Automotive

Of course, if you're on 21"s and you hit a deep enough pothole, all the sealant and plugs in the world won't get you mobile again!

Thanks for the suggestion. I heard good things about the "Slime Kit" a while ago and coincidentally ordered it last week. But when I took delivery of my p85d yesterday in Rockville, I was pleasantly surprised that the Tesla Tire Repair kit is included free with all vehicles delivered in Maryland - per the DS. So going to return the Slime Kit back to Amazon..

Here you go. Amazon.com: Slime 70005 Safety Spair 7-Minute Flat Tire Repair System: Automotive

Buy this if you'd rather try to plug the hole instead of using the sealant: Amazon.com: Slime 1034-A T-Handle Tire Plug Kit: Automotive

Of course, if you're on 21"s and you hit a deep enough pothole, all the sealant and plugs in the world won't get you mobile again!

...I was pleasantly surprised that the Tesla Tire Repair kit is included free with all vehicles delivered in Maryland...
Yes, as required by Maryland law. New passenger or multipurpose motor vehicles sold in MD must have either a spare tire, run-flat capability, or a factory-installed temporary tire repair kit.

For more detail, see: § 22-405 - 3. Spare tires
---
When I took delivery of my Tesla in Aug 2013, the tire repair kit was not included. When I asked about the kit, the service rep immediately apologized for their oversight and gave me one.

I would say the dual charger if you are planning on a lot of toad trip. It adds 2x the range and can allow you to leave a lot earlier if you are not at a supercharger but at one of those hpwc located theoughout

I think the CHAdeMO adapter would be money better spent. The HPWC's tend to be at destinations like hotels, where you'll be charging overnight anyway and would be just fine with a single charger.

The CHAdeMO chargers are popping up everywhere and are more likely going to be along your route in addition to the superchargers.

My must-have accessories: all-weather floor mats for the entire car including 3rd row (I have the Lloyds mats from evannex).

Rear window sunshade if you have the 3rd row seats.

Sorry for the dumb question, but if you don't get Dual Chargers, the HPWC is pretty much useless, isn't it?

My car isn't in a garage, but outside in a carport. So, I need a permanent installation. I didn't want to install a NEMA 14-50 plug and have to use my UMC as it could be unplugged and walked off with.

So, I'm installing an HPWC for permanence and convenience. The UMC is called a "mobile" kit for a reason IMHO.

My car isn't in a garage, but outside in a carport. So, I need a permanent installation. I didn't want to install a NEMA 14-50 plug and have to use my UMC as it could be unplugged and walked off with.

So, I'm installing an HPWC for permanence and convenience. The UMC is called a "mobile" kit for a reason IMHO.

chriSharek, take a look at this if your worried about someone walking off with your UMC

Connector Protector | Protect Your EV Charging Cord

My 4Runner has a built in frame that swings out in the back seat from the front center console (under the rear center vents). It allows for a regular grocery store plastic bag to be spread over it as a trash sack. I got this from Amazon and put it in the Tesla today to help keep the car clean. It's nice. Has a Velcro bottom if you want it to stick to carpet (I have all weather floor mats, so no-go there), a top flap that Velcros shut to the front, has a hard bottom, a removable weight to keep the unit stable, is waterproof, and holds two gallons of waste. Also, the sides are flexible so it can fit into odd shapes. The hard bottom wedges in nicely between the seats so that it will not fall over even with spirited driving.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000ETQMIQ/ref=ya_aw_oh_pii
d6Khczs.jpg

Hmmm. Do you think the iPhone holder would stick to the matte obeche trim?

D5BeSQx.jpg

On the inside of both sides are three pockets for miscellaneous stuff. On the outside of both is a mesh pocket. In the back is a zippered bay. On the front is a "flip panel" to reinforce the strength of the barrier to the cup holders. The taper of the bowling alley causes that extra flap to flex, creating an extra pocket area. Plenty of room, a hidden area (zipper in back), and sections to store loose stuff. Another great purchase especially now that I can't get a center console in Obece.

- - - Updated - - -

In my other vehicle I had a CD tray magnetic mount to hold my iPhone 6+ in a good spot. I got this one for the Tesla. Works great and the swing arm gives the phone a nice angle towards me. Its a perfect compliment to augmenting the 17" display (especially with Waze and Pandora).

sbbZ7Hy.jpg

5QTKKW6.jpg

Hmmm. Do you think the iPhone holder would stick to the matte obeche trim?

Sadly, while I prefer the matte obeche trim (I bought used, so no choice), I have not seen it in person to see the feel. That said, the holder is essentially a strong suction cup. Hopefully that provides some feedback to help answer that question when feeling the trim in person.