Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must have accessories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to say thanks for this thread. Ended up ordering several things from here today while awaiting my car to be built, and likely will revisit this after it arrives too.

I ordered:

- Anker 9.6A / 48W 4-Port USB Car Charger with PowerIQ Technology $14.99
- Anker [5-Pack] Premium Micro USB Cables in Assorted Lengths (3ft, 6ft, 1ft) (cables for the above) $12.99
- SanDisk Ultra Fit 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive $44.99
- Silicone FobPocket for the Tesla Model S (Blue) $10.99
- CHAdeMO Adapter $450

Highly considering the Fobo Tire Plus set too. For those who did get it, which color is the right one to get? I don't have the car yet to look up close at the wheels up close but I think the silver would be the right match?. I'm getting the base 19" wheels with my car.

ms_stud_side_wt19.png
I got the FOBO in black...unless you change out your valve stems, they are black too!

- - - Updated - - -

I got the FOBO in black...unless you change out your valve stems, they are black too!

Also, get weather tech mats....license plate LED and screen protector from Abstract Ocean....I like tinted windows too

Highly considering the Fobo Tire Plus set too. For those who did get it, which color is the right one to get? I don't have the car yet to look up close at the wheels up close but I think the silver would be the right match?. I'm getting the base 19" wheels with my car.

I've got the 19" Cyclone wheels, which I believe are the same color as the base 19" wheels. I went with the silver, which blends in pretty well. I think the black would stand out against the silver, and be much more noticeable.

The valve stems may be black too, but you really can't see them with the Fobo units installed. If the idea is for them to be as inconspicuous as possible, I really think silver is the way to go. Here are a couple of pictures:

Fobo on Cyclone 1.jpg

Here's more of a close-up:
Fobo on Cyclone 2.jpg

The valve stems may be black too, but you really can't see them with the Fobo units installed. If the idea is for them to be as inconspicuous as possible, I really think silver is the way to go. Here are a couple of pictures:

Thanks! I think you're right. Looking for them to blend in rather then stand out. Silver is what I was originally thinking but the pictures help a lot.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but I bought some clear 3M film (normally used to protect glass from shattering with kids) and put it over the nice metal 'Model S' door sills that come with the car after noticing the demo cars had quite severe wear. It's protected them a treat. Still looks new after 6k miles.

What about with Grey 21's? Black or silver? Also how does the Fobo work? I hate that I cannot see my PSI on my P85D. Also, do you need to rebalance or align the wheels?

I ended up ordering the Silver Fobo Plus's last night. I imagine they work similar to a old fashioned pressure reader. They get screwed onto the fill valve so they constantly can measure the pressure pushing out of it. They then wirelessly report their readings to the in car unit which your phone connects to via bluetooth to get the data. At least that's my understanding. According to their website and other people who have posted you do not need to get the tires re-aligned. I'll have to let someone else answer the color question for those wheels.

What about with Grey 21's? Black or silver? Also how does the Fobo work? I hate that I cannot see my PSI on my P85D. Also, do you need to rebalance or align the wheels?

I ended up ordering the Silver Fobo Plus's last night. I imagine they work similar to a old fashioned pressure reader. They get screwed onto the fill valve so they constantly can measure the pressure pushing out of it. They then wirelessly report their readings to the in car unit which your phone connects to via bluetooth to get the data. At least that's my understanding. According to their website and other people who have posted you do not need to get the tires re-aligned. I'll have to let someone else answer the color question for those wheels.

I'm not sure what color sensors would look best with grey wheels.

And yes, Urgo's description of how the system works sounds about right. A new feature is also going to let someone not with the car get the pressure readings from the car, as long as someone else is actually with the car. The data will be transmitted via the phone's data connection. It's already available in the iPhone version of the app, and should be soon in the android version.

Just a heads up to anyone ordering a FOBO tire kit from Fobo directly (they are in and ship from Malaysia). I selected the expedited shipping for $20 which turned into an hour long back and forth with fedex today. Got woken up by them asking about what the product was and they originally categorized it as a vehicle safety item and sent me a scary looking HS7 form to fill out for US Customs. After exchanging a few emails and showing them the website they changed it to a FCC Form 740 which basically just puts in writing what fobo has on their website, that though it does use radio frequency it complies with the FCC.

HS7 Form (I did not fill out)
2015-09-15_1058.png

FCC 740, here is basically how to fill it out:
2015-09-15_1055.png

Wish I ordered it from amazon and saved on all this hassle but they only had the black ones on there lol.

They called me and told me they had "tires" to deliver. I was sooooooo confused and it took like 5 minutes just to find out it a small box.

Haha thats great!

Also today as I was going through emails I came across the email with the tracking info that fobo sent me and relized that if I read past the tracking number they actually prepped me for this.. oops! I guess this happens with their products all the time. Anyway I've included below what was in the email in case anyone wants to see:

Please use the links below if you need the FCC certificate for custom clearance:

1) FCC for FOBO Max/FOBO Tag - https://my-fobo.com/uploads/FCC/FCCmax.pdf
2) FCCs for FOBO Tire/FOBO Tire Plus - https://my-fobo.com/uploads/FCC/FCCsensor.pdf and https://my-fobo.com/uploads/FCC/FCCincar.pdf
3) FCC for FOBO Bike - https://my-fobo.com/uploads/FCC/FCCsensor.pdf
4) FCC Form 740 (US only) - http://transition.fcc.gov/Forms/Form740/740.pdf

I installed rear bag hooks and find I use them every time we go shopping and put bags in the trunk. Here is the link for the DIY:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...ome-bag-hooks-in-the-back?highlight=bag+hooks

They keep everything from rolling around all over the trunk floor. I like this idea so much I made up a few kits of parts to give to other Model S owners that show interest when talking at Super Charger stops.

Here you go. Amazon.com: Slime 70005 Safety Spair 7-Minute Flat Tire Repair System: Automotive

Buy this if you'd rather try to plug the hole instead of using the sealant: Amazon.com: Slime 1034-A T-Handle Tire Plug Kit: Automotive

Of course, if you're on 21"s and you hit a deep enough pothole, all the sealant and plugs in the world won't get you mobile again!

Consumer Reports looked at these and said the Fix-A-Flat version was identical to the Slime and it's $10 less on Amazon: Amazon.com: Fix-A-Flat S50073 Ultimate 1-Step Tire Repair Kit: Automotive

Great thread. Thanks all. My aftermarket adds to date: Evvanexx caliper covers/sunglass holder, suit jacket hooks (need pano roof), Blackvue dual camera with power supply, EVVX. Wheel bands (saved my rim from a little scrap already), piehl leather pouch for holding few items instead ofm adding a console, camco power grip extension cord, rola trunk organizer, leak proof weighted car trash box, silicone and leather fobs, brass coat hook to hold up the UMC by the outlet-reduces pressure heavy hanging, and ordering today LED lites trunk-frunk, fobo tire kit, fix a flat kit.

Also added xpel to most car except doors and back 60% of pillars, opti-coat above whole car and powder coated my 19inch wheels gun metal except center caps, (Matte black car, carbon fiber black alancantra interior black, with red caliper covers, black wheel bands with red inner liner.

some links below (others from previous people in this thread)
Piel Leather Drawstring Pouch, Black, One Size
Camco 55195 50 AMP 30' Extension Cord with PowerGrip Handle
High Road TrashStand Leakproof and Weighted Car Trash Basket - X-LargeSilicone FobPocket for the Tesla Model S (Performance Black)
The Hillman Group 852890 Coat & Hat Hook- Antique Brass 2-Pack

Hi All,

So I have a model s on order and was thinking about the new (2016) HPWC, not planning on getting the dual chargers. Does anyone know if it is ok to hook the HPWC up to 100 Amps - even though the car won't draw the 80 amps? Will it only draw what it needs? (want to future proof in case I want to upgrade later)

Hi All,

So I have a model s on order and was thinking about the new (2016) HPWC, not planning on getting the dual chargers. Does anyone know if it is ok to hook the HPWC up to 100 Amps - even though the car won't draw the 80 amps? Will it only draw what it needs? (want to future proof in case I want to upgrade later)
You'll need to run the proper wire to it.

Hi All,

It will only draw at max whatever the car can handle... but my suggestion is, get the price for both, as well as the option of putting in a 60A breaker, but running cable that can handle 100A. (in which case you can quickly swap out the breaker at a later date).

Reactions: tmarcc and Cyclone