Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must-have Aftermarket Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning on a few accessories to add immediately after taking delivery, though I'm wondering if there are any others that I should add to my list. So far:
  • Clear bra of some sort. Front fascia, leading edge of hood, headlights, side-view mirrors.
  • Window tint
  • Optimum Opticoat (any other recommendations?)
  • Dash cams, G1W-C's fr & rr
Does anybody have any recommendations for any of the items listed above? Anything else I should be considering?

That's a pretty good starting point. If you need any help please reach out to us as we're always thinking about how we can improve upon the Tesla Platform. That being said, we're a small company of Tesla enthusiasts and currently offer a number of options for the Model S, all made right here in Los Angeles.

Feel free to PM with questions or if you need any help at all

12494680_1000478143358391_7461289879630424602_n.jpg

12510437_994573187282220_8682158082340932290_n.jpg

11239613_969422383130634_1901190011824075339_o.jpg

12821465_1032623260143879_931702244852856332_n.jpg

12138347_946927002046839_7740627768477080499_o.jpg

I'm planning on a few accessories to add immediately after taking delivery, though I'm wondering if there are any others that I should add to my list. So far:
  • Clear bra of some sort. Front fascia, leading edge of hood, headlights, side-view mirrors.
  • Window tint
  • Optimum Opticoat (any other recommendations?)
  • Dash cams, G1W-C's fr & rr
Does anybody have any recommendations for any of the items listed above? Anything else I should be considering?

Dash cam and rearcam BlackVue 650 front and back 2Channel $315 on amazon.com, saved a guys day who had his X valet and the attendants crashed it into a pillar twice then tried to claim it was a summons malfunction when really they drove badly and then tried to cover up after as proven by the videos.

Reactions: wallet.dat
Dash cam and rearcam BlackVue 650 front and back 2Channel $315 on amazon.com, saved a guys day who had his X valet and the attendants crashed it into a pillar twice then tried to claim it was a summons malfunction when really they drove badly and then tried to cover up after as proven by the videos.

Are you talking about this video? Valet Attempts to Park Tesla Model S - Caught on Dash Cam
If so, it was a Model S, not Model X.
Bad valet parking discussed here on TMC: Valet Attempts to Park A Tesla- You Decide?

I like it. Similar to the Laguna Seca Blue that's on my E46 BMW M3. Tesla really needs to get on board with interesting color options. Almost every color option for the Model S is a complete snooze fest.

Thank you. Yes, pretty similar to Laguna Seca Blue. We tend to agree, our business came from the idea that while all Teslas look nearly identical regardless of trim spec there is a desire among certain owners to stand out from the crowd. We decided to go bold on our early S. Glad you like it.

Love that color. How much is that wrap for a Model S, and have you done any calculations about what something like that would be for a Model 3? What about customers who don't live near LA?

Thank you. Price is typically determined by the Vinyl used and labor hours involved. we could give a rough estimate but typically we only use premium vinyl like 3M and Avery and take about 60 Labor hours to complete a full wrap. That's significantly higher than other Wrap installers because we take a very painstakingly detailed approach to wrapping our cars, where many others simply apply one sheet and cut corners (literally). If you'd like we'd be happy to give you a rough estimate but can only attest to the time invested in our own work

I've been very happy with a commercial manual foamer to assist in washing the car every couple of weeks. A 2-gallon foamer, 1 gallon of distilled water, and a half-ounce of Prima Hydrowash is a wonderful thing. Travels well with a couple of collapsible canvas buckets and all the various lotions and potions and microfiber towels and such.

Best 2 hours a month I spend. Yep - got it down to less than an hour every 2 weeks to foam, rinse, wipe, and dry each panel of the car. Then during alternate weeks, another hour is spent (as needed) for glass, plastic trim, leather, wood, and various black surfaces.

Otherwise, see my sig for what aftermarket investments I thought were worth the money and then some.

If I lived in snow/slush/grime country, I might feel differently. But here in SoCal, we like pristine rides, and there's really no excuse not to have one.

Reactions: wallet.dat
@UnpluggedP, I would like to see color matched seat backs, but I have to give a huge thumbs up to those CF seat backs.!!! Very nice, you guys definitely give T-sportline a run for their money.

Thanks for your kind words. We actually do currently offer a painted option for our seat backs. Feel free to PM if you'd like more information.

We developed the carbon seat backs because we felt that the cabin of a Model S should have more premium materials and less plastic given its price point. Our carbon seat backs are made of pre-impregnated dry carbon fiber, the same as you would find in professional motor sports and aerospace. Our composite engineers actually came to us from the Ferrari Formula 1 team and Boeing. We strive to offer the highest quality and most technically advanced premium upgrades for Tesla

LOVE that front end, but the cost is a bit much for me. Hopefully a Mod3 version will be more affordable given the economy of scale :)

We're glad you like it. It's always great to receive positive feedback from fellow Tesla enthusiasts. If you'd like you can PM us with an email address and we will keep you updated on our Model 3 development.

I've been very happy with a commercial manual foamer to assist in washing the car every couple of weeks. A 2-gallon foamer, 1 gallon of distilled water, and a half-ounce of Prima Hydrowash is a wonderful thing. Travels well with a couple of collapsible canvas buckets and all the various lotions and potions and microfiber towels and such.

Hi Tao
Can you point a link to the foamer that you use?