Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must-have extras/accessories for a Model 3 used (2019)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla fans, I am looking to get a 2019 Model 3 in the UK. What extras/accessories would you recommend as ‘must haves’ to buy? I assume a Gen 3 wall connector is essential, but am after something with the lowest cord possible with street parking. Any other smaller things eg. mats, wheel caps etc appreciated that you all might rate. Thank you for any advice

I guess this may depend on the model spec. Did you go for LR or SR?

1. Mats are a definite must have, especially for the fall/winter season
  2. Screen protector maybe? Get the Spine one as is is matted with less glare, and comes with a mounting template to get it right the first time
  3. Console trays to keep your stuff tidy or it's just a mess in there
  4. Frunk and trunk mats/liners
  5. PPF for the front of the car and mirrors. The paint tends to chip somewhat easier than others.
That's about all I can think of for now. Best wishes and welcome!

Only must have accessory for any car are ceramic window tints all around. If you don't want the darkened look you can get 70% tint which is almost unnoticeable visually while still rejecting the majority of heat.

Let's see, little things...I'd say:
Tint
Floor mats and a mat for the frunk
Screens for the roof and rear window (even with tint definitely without)
A second key card if you don't get both with it
If yours has the aero wheels and taking the covers off, center caps or lug nut covers
Some trays in the console are nice, several options there.
If you don't have a flash drive or ssd that works for sentry...something there.
A wireless charging matt, if that matters to you Jeda or another (or the Tesla one if you can find it...discontinued)

Those are all small items. On top of that I have become a big fan of ceramic coating making cleaning much easier. But, if you are street parking, you may also be having to use automated washes and/or cleaning places. Depending on the chemicals they use it might not be worth the effort to do ceramic coating, as it could degrade it faster.

Oh....one other thing: Be prepared for smiles. It is fun to drive.

I guess this may depend on the model spec. Did you go for LR or SR?

1. Mats are a definite must have, especially for the fall/winter season
  2. Screen protector maybe? Get the Spine one as is is matted with less glare, and comes with a mounting template to get it right the first time
  3. Console trays to keep your stuff tidy or it's just a mess in there
  4. Frunk and trunk mats/liners
  5. PPF for the front of the car and mirrors. The paint tends to chip somewhat easier than others.
That's about all I can think of for now. Best wishes and welcome!
He will buy used one, so probably previous owner already had all that :)