Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must Have Interior Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KyleM3

Jul 21, 2020
PA
I just ordered my M3P yesterday and am riding the hype train, can’t wait! But, I wanted to see if there were any interior MUST haves for when the car comes in? I was debating the key card holder, but then I’m under the impression the key card isn’t as important if you use the phone key? I know I want the organizer for the storage compartment and I’ll be doing the wood dash swap to black alcantara. Anything else?

Just figured I’d ask people who already own, wanted some good insight.

Real carbon fiber cap for the wood dash, as well as carbon fiber pieces for the center console. If you don’t want to spring the $ for real carbon fiber, you can do a wrap. I don’t like alcantara- I think it will collect dust/dirt too easily.

Novak hub.
Little piece for the cup holder (not sure what it’s called, but fits in between the cups, and makes it easier to hold smaller sized bottles, etc- see my pic below)

I did get the key fob, but don’t really use it, as the phone key works great.

336B10FB-ADED-4416-8BA0-F0C9936B13CC.jpeg

Real carbon fiber cap for the wood dash, as well as carbon fiber pieces for the center console. If you don’t want to spring the $ for real carbon fiber, you can do a wrap. I don’t like alcantara- I think it will collect dust/dirt too easily.

Novak hub.
Little piece for the cup holder (not sure what it’s called, but fits in between the cups, and makes it easier to hold smaller sized bottles, etc- see my pic below)

View attachment 579392

Not a huge CF guy. The only CF on the car is the spoiler and idk if I want to carry it into the interior. Black alcantara should’ve been how it came from the factory to match the black interior the same way the white does. Good to know about the FOB though. By the sounds of it, more cute than useful.

Not a huge CF guy. The only CF on the car is the spoiler and idk if I want to carry it into the interior. Black alcantara should’ve been how it came from the factory to match the black interior the same way the white does. Good to know about the FOB though. By the sounds of it, more cute than useful.

Ah, OK. What about a flat black cover/wrap? I worry that alcantara may not look good over time. I’ve seen a few Porsche’s that after a couple years, the alcantara looks like crap. Some from wear, which wouldn’t be an issue here, but some just dirt.

Re: the fob. The only time I used it is when I gave it to the guys that were doing the chrome delete/window tint on my car. They were actually a little confused, since they had never seen one for the model 3 and were expecting the key card.

Ah, OK. What about a flat black cover/wrap? I worry that alcantara may not look good over time. I’ve seen a few Porsche’s that after a couple years, the alcantara looks like crap. Some from wear, which wouldn’t be an issue here, but some just dirt.

Re: the fob. The only time I used it is when I gave it to the guys that were doing the chrome delete/window tint on my car. They were actually a little confused, since they had never seen one for the model 3 and were expecting the key card.

I’m going to roll with the piano black for awhile, see if it drives me insane. If so, I’ll go stealth wrap on it. The alcantara is only $360 so if in a couple years it fades or looks bad - not the end of the world. My car stays in a covered space so it won’t get a ton of sun exposure. I’d be more worried about that vs. me taking care of it. I’m so anal with my cars, I’m good on that end.

One thing I’m wondering about is anti-glare for the huge screen. Do they work? Worth it? Etc.

You'll need a USB device for recordings and a USB hub to plug in multipe devices (2 is stock)

Get the waterproof maxpider mats for the trunk and frunk, sooner or later you're gonna spill somethng besides the stock carpet is a bit of a pain to clean. Floor mats too if you're in a snow prone area

IMO a brighter trunk light bulb and glove box is needed; interior ones are nice but not really necessary.

You'll need a USB device for recordings and a USB hub to plug in multipe devices (2 is stock)

Get the waterproof maxpider mats for the trunk and frunk, sooner or later you're gonna spill somethng besides the stock carpet is a bit of a pain to clean. Floor mats too if you're in a snow prone area

IMO a brighter trunk light bulb and glove box is needed; interior ones are nice but not really necessary.

Recommendation on USB size and hub?

I just ordered my M3P yesterday and am riding the hype train, can’t wait! But, I wanted to see if there were any interior MUST haves for when the car comes in? I was debating the key card holder, but then I’m under the impression the key card isn’t as important if you use the phone key? I know I want the organizer for the storage compartment and I’ll be doing the wood dash swap to black alcantara. Anything else?

Just figured I’d ask people who already own, wanted some good insight.
Get some all weather floor mats designed for your Model 3! And also a car cover, especially for any extreme cold or extreme hot climates.

• Love
Reactions: ktal
Caveat - I live in a super sunny place but in order of " I'm so glad I got that" are:

USB drive for recording sentry and other events
Trunk Waterproof liner - one bag of sugar explosion was worth it.
Waterproof floor liners - I have kids
Center console wrap - I did matt black. Leaving it virgin means a constant fingerprint clean rinse and repeat.
Matt console screen cover
Stick on door panel protectors (my kids open the doors by kicking them grrr)
Sill protectors - again kids
Trunk sill protector - need I say it agin
Cup holder and console rubber liners - and again
Key card holder for valet
Sunshade for roof and rear roof
Qi charger pad
USB splitter
Plugin gamer controller - kids AGAIN, actually no thats me.
Subtrunk organizer
Jack pucks
Microfiber cloths

and OF COURSE Nema outlet for charging installed at home (or splurge on the Tesla wall charger)

One thing I wish I had done, but didn't, is protecting the front of the car with either ceramic coating or 3M bra.

Do you have dogs? if so think about claws on seats and protect accordingly.

I have a few other things that I carry that I keep for trips and repairs but that is a good start.

• Helpful
Reactions: ejkcy25 and HTWOMS
The items I felt I needed right away were:
1) floor mats to catch sand, rain, and snow - I got ToughPro because they had a waffle to catch everything
2) an SSD for sentry mode and dash cam - got 1/2TB
3) the Jeda USB hub to hold the SSD and increase from 2-USB to 2-USB and 2-USB-C plugs (I have a 2019 M3)
4) console wrap because the shiny black piano console bounced sun into my eyes while driving
5) a portable air compressor with digital read out and 12v plug in to make sure my tires were at the correct psi
6) a mesh bug sponge to clean my windows well at charging stops (and window cleaner, but I had that at home)
7) a lot of car washing supplies (foam car wash, foam gun, microfiber cloths, interior car cleaner)
8) screen protector (I have a young teenager who is not careful) - I bought the Abstract Ocean 9H clear - some see a rainbow through sunglasses but I rarely do so it doesn't bother me

Now I'm planning to get the Tesla NEMA adaptor bundle for road trips where I might not have easy access to Superchargers or I'm staying at a motel/campground/AirBnB and want to charge by plugging into something other than a 120v outlet.

• Informative
Reactions: ejkcy25 and HTWOMS

Novak hub.

View attachment 579392

@f308gt4,

Where’d you get the carbon fiber cup piece? Or did you just wrap it?

Ski

I've noticed that people are getting USB dividers and SSDs. Do I really need these? Is a memory stick enough for normal use? I don't plan on passengers charging their phones in my car, so I guess the dividers aren't needed either.

Tesla offers rubber mats for sale. Are they inferior to some other brands, or why don't people simply get the Tesla ones?

I've noticed that people are getting USB dividers and SSDs. Do I really need these? Is a memory stick enough for normal use? I don't plan on passengers charging their phones in my car, so I guess the dividers aren't needed either.

Tesla offers rubber mats for sale. Are they inferior to some other brands, or why don't people simply get the Tesla ones?
Based on my observation, those who get SSDs tend to load them with music. I think that if you're not going to play music through USB, you don't need an SSD. I opted for a 64GB endurance micro SD card. It will arrive today, so I'll have when I take delivery of my M3 in six days.

I’m going to roll with the piano black for awhile, see if it drives me insane. If so, I’ll go stealth wrap on it. The alcantara is only $360 so if in a couple years it fades or looks bad - not the end of the world. My car stays in a covered space so it won’t get a ton of sun exposure. I’d be more worried about that vs. me taking care of it. I’m so anal with my cars, I’m good on that end.

One thing I’m wondering about is anti-glare for the huge screen. Do they work? Worth it? Etc.

It WILL drive you insane. Just order a wrap now and get it over with before you scratch it. Trust me. It looks cheap, shows dust immediately and scratches easily.

Also, would not recommend the Jeda version, but recommend a USB hub. You should be getting the wireless charging mat now so no need to buy that.

Oh and get the Abstract Ocean stickers for the door release buttons so other people can figure out how to get out of your car without pulling the emergency release handle.

It WILL drive you insane. Just order a wrap now and get it over with before you scratch it. Trust me. It looks cheap, shows dust immediately and scratches easily.

Also, would not recommend the Jeda version, but recommend a USB hub. You should be getting the wireless charging mat now so no need to buy that.

Oh and get the Abstract Ocean stickers for the door release buttons so other people can figure out how to get out of your car without pulling the emergency release handle.

I’ve had the jeda hub for 6+ months, works great.