Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mustang Mach-E Gets Great Reviews = Model 3 Challenger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a fan of CUVs thus not really into MachE, Model Y, or any of that boring form factor. BUT, I have to question your logic on road-trip charging. Who charges post 80% on a road trip? I mean I agree it sucks that Ford throttle charging past 80% but A) most EVs do that to varying degrees (fords throttling is extreme though) and b) unless it’s an unusual circumstance I can’t imagine ever waiting to change past 80% on a road trip anyway. Why bother ? I mean if I happen to be taking a really long pre planned break I guess why not but maybe it’s me but I don’t tend to take hr long plus breaks when I road-trip . The longest is maybe 30min tops -and that’s only with my Tesla (to charge up to 80) as in my ice road-trips at most a stop (even snaking, using potty, and walking dog) shouldn’t take more than 10-15 min max. Thus there are not too many scenarios where I see people waiting to charge over 80% with any EV. And yes, I understand in some parts of the country you may need a deeper charge to make to next charging station but you should probably consider ice for those situations until the infra is built out ..IMHO

those who do not have a supercharger every 100 km.