Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mustang Mach-E Gets Great Reviews = Model 3 Challenger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You must not visit the macheforum site ;) That is exactly what the last 15 months of 10,000+ posts were about. At least up until the last few weeks when a small number of cars started being delivered and there are too many issues to list. Some MME owners have had the car at the dealer for issues 12 out of 14 days of ownership. Panel gaps, wind noise, and other "legacy oem" core competencies are even in question. Even the puddle lights work sporadically. Kind of humorous actually.

And not a single bloody reporter picks up this Ford Mach-E ultimate failure story!

That's the purpose of those marketing and advertising $$$ Ford. This is how the industry has always worked and they know what's up. The pandemic has hammered a lot of people and industries and they all have their hands out.

You want the media to get off their ass and stop providing cover for Ford? Simple as telling the media the following:

Elon Musk designed TESLA
Mustang Mach-E

That's right. The Mustang Mach-E is actually from TESLA. :rolleyes:

And not a single bloody reporter picks up this Ford Mach-E ultimate failure story!

• Funny
Reactions: wws
That's the purpose of those marketing and advertising $$$ Ford. This is how the industry has always worked and they know what's up. The pandemic has hammered a lot of people and industries and they all have their hands out.

You want the media to get off their ass and stop providing cover for Ford? Simple as telling the media the following:

Elon Musk designed TESLA
Mustang Mach-E

That's right. The Mustang Mach-E is actually from TESLA. :rolleyes:

I think you have guaranteed your story a CNN front page coverage.

Here is today's post on the macheforum thread on
"'Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power' followed by 'Service Vehicle Soon' alert displayed"

"Got a call this afternoon from the dealership. They said they have master reset every component, tested the components, ground, and everything and said they are not seeing any error codes. They THINK the problem is solved, and Ford told them that maybe I was charging at a non dedicated 15A breaker 120V outlet. Ford said you need to charge at a dedicated 20A breaker outlet.
I haven’t measured the amperage yet, but I know for sure it wasn’t a dedicated breaker for the outlet I was using. I was using an 120V, until I got the 240V installed.
I might have the car back tomorrow. Let’s see how it goes."

I begin to feel for these Mach-E enthusiasts.

Yes, Ford is currently being very conservative with the battery, both in terms of charging curve and useable capacity. The "80% cliff" is real, and that's why Ford only advertises the time to recharge back to 80%. You need overnight charging to get back to 100%. There is absolutely no point in trying to "fast charge" past 80%.

Please go get yourself an EV.

Not being able to fast charge beyond 80% basically trims your trip travel range by 20%. Even the Audi-E Tron will do better than the Mach-E.

Ah... I think in your rush to slam all things MME - correction, you're just very "worried" LOL - you misunderstood what I said above. As I explained, there is no point in trying to fast charge an MME past 80% because it can't be done. It is a recognized limitation of Ford's conservative approach to protecting battery life.

Yes, I believe the MME can charge "competitively" with Tesla. I don't think the MME will ever charge as quickly given Tesla's willingness to allow much looser charging restrictions, but I think the MME will be able to charge fast enough that a few extra minutes don't really make a significant difference. Ford is probably being too conservative, but there's nowhere to go but up.

If you plan to do a lot of road-tripping in an EV, then by all means I'd recommend Tesla. There are a lot of advantages to the MME which I place higher value on because I won't be road-tripping that much.

You are highlighting every random and rare issue posted on the MME forum because of a very transparent chip on your shoulder that "the biased media" is picking on poor little Tesla, and it is a bit tedious. But granted, this is a Tesla board so carry on.

You are highlighting every random and rare issue posted on the MME forum because of a very transparent chip on your shoulder that "the biased media" is picking on poor little Tesla, and it is a bit tedious. But granted, this is a Tesla board so carry on.

I think that is because people tend to highlight every random and rare issue that a Tesla has, and then say that an established OEM would never suffer from those kind of issues. Panel gaps, shipping with broken/unfinished software, having problems in cold weather that should have been identified and fixed in testing before releasing, blah, blah, blah...

And then look what happens, the established OEM has all the same kinds of issues...

If you plan to do a lot of road-tripping in an EV, then by all means I'd recommend Tesla. There are a lot of advantages to the MME which I place higher value on because I won't be road-tripping that much.

Look, intentionally, I did not mention Tesla in my post. I don't do "a lot" of road trips, but when I go anywhere beyond 100 miles radius, I want and often need fast charging to work relatively fast even above 80%. This is important unless your car has a 400+ miles range perhaps. Why do you think Ford needs to limit charging speed above 80% if it already carries some 15% extra battery. Why does the Mach-E need then that battery capacity above 88kWh? 88kWh * 0.8 = 70.4 kWh only out of 98.5 kWh can be used for fast charging. Is Ford trying to protect 30% of the battery??!! Then, maybe it needs better batteries or a better heat management system? Other companies (VW for one) have solved these problems more effectively then Ford did in the Mach-E. This is bad engineering at minimum and that's the fact no matter who tells you this.

Look, intentionally, I did not mention Tesla in my post. I don't do "a lot" of road trips, but when I go anywhere beyond 100 miles radius, I want and often need fast charging to work relatively fast even above 80%. This is important unless your car has a 400+ miles range perhaps. Why do you think Ford needs to limit charging speed above 80% if it already carries some 15% extra battery. Why does the Mach-E need then that battery capacity above 88kWh? 88kWh * 0.8 = 70.4 kWh only out of 98.5 kWh can be used for fast charging. Is Ford trying to protect 30% of the battery??!! Then, maybe it needs better batteries or a better heat management system? Other companies (VW for one) have solved these problems more effectively then Ford did in the Mach-E. This is bad engineering at minimum and that's the fact no matter who tells you this.

As I've said repeatedly, I think Ford is being too conservative. I think Ford may loosen up a bit with time, particularly to compete with Tesla charging speeds.

Which is why it’s so odd that someone with a username of FordMME that has never owned a Tesla, no interest on owning a Tesla, talking up the Mach E as a Tesla competitor... is on a Tesla board in the first place.

I didn't start the thread. I took a serious look at both the MME and the Tesla Model Y, test drove them both, and came over to share my thoughts.... in a thread comparing the MME to Tesla.

I didn't start the thread. I took a serious look at both the MME and the Tesla Model Y, test drove them both, and came over to share my thoughts.... in a thread comparing the MME to Tesla.

Have you pre-ordered (or got into your possession) the MME? If you're still undecided - go order the Model Y or Model 3. Even if you like the MME for whatever reason it seems it will take Ford a long long loooooooong time (more than one year) to fix the issues and to improve engineering based on what we see now. Another and more economical option for you is to order the ID.4. It is based on the ID.3, and the major ID.3 bugs have been already somehow mitigated by VW, so I expect the ID.4 ramp up in the US will be relatively smooth.