Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mustang Mach-E Gets Great Reviews = Model 3 Challenger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
who cares with a tesla? supercharging is all across the usa and uk...cant say the same about ford
ford, porsche, vw, audi and some others are all on electrify america. while there map is about where tesla's was about 3-4 years ago they are installing more units all the time
In addition there are many other ccs units from many different companies. so one could say that there are more places to fast charge a ford than there are superchargers.
I would like Tesla to come out with a CCS adapter in the US like they do in Europe. But I guess that is a slightly different version. If Tesla did that, you would have access to the Tesla network AND EA beyond Chaedemo.
yes you would expand the charging capabilities but that isn't likely to happen

Both cars have fine range for most applications, at any trim level, but the MME Ext AWD’s range is indisputably better than the slightly more expensive MYLR. And whereas Tesla gamed the EPA numbers to exaggerate them, Ford actually undersold the MME’s range. Good for Ford!
yes, it appears that elon has been playing games with the range numbers, as per this newly posted article pitting a tesla vs a taycan on a real world trip

It sounds like Porsche is going to setup their own charging network.

ford, porsche, vw, audi and some others are all on electrify america. while there map is about where tesla's was about 3-4 years ago they are installing more units all the time
In addition there are many other ccs units from many different companies. so one could say that there are more places to fast charge a ford than there are superchargers.

Both cars have fine range for most applications, at any trim level, but the MME Ext AWD’s range is indisputably better than the slightly more expensive MYLR.

Not only can it be disputed, that is likely plain out false. In Bjorn's real world test at ~75MPH the MME Ext AWD was only able to go 163 miles. He hasn't been able to test a Model Y yet, but as an example a Model 3 LR AWD can go 207 miles on his same test. But here is someone with a Model Y Performance, only rated for 303 miles of range, and they got ~227 at ~75MPH:

I have a brand new Y PUP on 21" UT wheels. I just went 190 miles out and back on an expressway and got 75% of the published range. This was at 74-75 mph and with Tires at 44psi and 3 people in the car.

So it is really sad that the MME, which has a more than 20% larger battery, has almost 30% less range. :eek:

Last edited:
Not only can it be disputed, that is likely plain out false. In Bjorn's real world test at ~75MPH the MME Ext AWD was only able to go 163 miles. He hasn't been able to test a Model Y yet, but as an example a Model 3 LR AWD can go 207 miles on his same test. But here is someone with a Model Y Performance, only rated for 303 miles of range, and they got ~227 at ~75MPH:

So it is really sad that the MME, which has a more than 20% larger battery, has almost 30% less range. :eek:
The range thing is insanely confusing. Here’s a range test in an eTron, summer driving 70+mph and got 237 miles - better than EPA estimates. Running AC too.

My personal experience with range testing on my Model 3 has been that I get the Tesla-specified range on the highway provided I keep it at about 110 km/h (just under 70 mph). That is in fair weather with moderate temperatures 20-25 C (68-77 F) with the a/c on at a medium setting. Cruise control is also on (which helps reduce energy usage due to unnecessary acceleration). Variations from those parameters affect the range - although less than what I would have expected - with the biggest variations caused by higher speeds (energy usage increases fairly quickly above the noted speed) and notable cold (below -10 C, 15 F).

Here is an example of MachEForum level of discussion of the TopGear MY vs. Mach-E review.

<<<
Not sure why it is such a pain for MME people to acknowledge the fact that any Model Y or Model 3 in any configuration is more engaging and responsive than any configuration of MME
Not sure where you're getting that from? The unbiased reviews I've read haven't indicated that at all.
>>>

Tesla's Model 3 was designed to perform like the BMW M3. MY is based upon the Model 3 so it inherited it's performance nature.

The only thing that connects any car to the road is the tires. It was a huge tell when I saw the Mustang came with 225s. Even the Model 3 comes with wider tires. Maybe it was a way of increasing the range.

Not sure why it is such a pain for MME people to acknowledge the fact that any Model Y or Model 3 in any configuration is more engaging and responsive than any configuration of MME

Reactions: alexgr
The only thing that connects any car to the road is the tires. It was a huge tell when I saw the Mustang came with 225s. Even the Model 3 comes with wider tires. Maybe it was a way of increasing the range.

Yes, it was for range. I was a bit concerned about the narrow tire width, but my Ext AWD has been rock solid. No slipping, sliding, or skidding, even in some pretty heavy rain. I'm more concerned about how quickly the narrow tires will wear on this nearly 5,000lb behemoth! I do consider the MY's wider tires a plus.

Reactions: mark95476
Tesla's Model 3 was designed to perform like the BMW M3. MY is based upon the Model 3 so it inherited it's performance nature.

I guess, larger weight and narrower tires are also reasons why the Mach-E is not rated for towing.

Reactions: mark95476
MME owners also blame Tesla for crashing if you defeat the safety measures all last week. This week a video is out showing the MME copilot system working even if you unbuckle and leave the seat. Now they claim any idiot knows not to do that. Funny how the don't even realize the double standard. One thread is Tesla crash is the cars fault, MME safety issue is drivers fault LOL

Here's a little flashback of what CR is trying to do with Tesla....it won't work this time around though....

Now Im wondering how long it took for them to figure out how to get the right weight on the steering wheel and what exactly needed to be done in order to get Autopilot to go with out a driver. Then they stupidly put it on YT for others to mimic, I wonder who gets sued after the first Tik Toker tries it.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexgr and geekfam
This is just a temporary blip for the latest Tesla-killer, right?
All the MME fanboys on the macheforum are viewing this as a huge success!