Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mustang Mach-E Gets Great Reviews = Model 3 Challenger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. That Mustang is FUBAR.

BTW, I'm getting better than EPA rated Wh/mi on my Tesla driving up and down the same mountains where Rivian had been testing their pick-up. I use % so I don't know what my "range" is, but it's way more than 115 miles.

Rivian2_pickup.jpg

Wrong - it uses real time data like all GOM on ICE vehicles. Get in a tesla a fire up all heaters (resistive) and it would look the same and cause your reaction. Tesla just tosses EPA crap up there and you get all the garbage posted here about 'range'

With that said, you see the errors? that thing is FUBAR. Very close to buying one, but then the heat pump appeared at Tesla and all bets were off...

Reactions: alexgr
Only estimated and not rated seems kinda fishy.

I watched some of Bjorn's recent Mach-e range test videos and the SW was a mess so the actual report stats from the car seem off. The guys at Ford told them SW was beta, but even still.

Mach-E for some unknown reasons provides no way to see Rated range. That 115 miles range is an Estimated range based on whatever factors the computer took into account (previous driving history, temperature, etc.?). The problem with this is that it does not give you any idea of what your NEXT drive is going to be; basically, if I enter a destination 150 miles away along an easy route (or any new destination for that matter), will the car recalculate the Estimated range? I don't know, but if not then this Estimated range is useless and can be dangerous if I plan a heavier drive trip than the trips in my recent drive history.

yes seriously, there are more than a few media outlets, web sites, investors and car manufacturers that create faux anti tesla news

I know that, the post I was responding to seemed to be excusing mentioning MME issues because Tesla is top dog. One thing about being the mass seller. Simply based on volume sold they will have more minor issues. Issues per car? Not necessarily, but more total issues certainly.

This is all well and good, but where will the Mach-E charge outside of those fortunate to have homes which can accommodate something beyond trickle-charging? Apartment-dwellers will be totally dependent on destination and DC-3 charging stations. Granted, some new-construction apartments will probably include some kind of communal L2 charging and/or charge-ready carports.

The Supercharger Network is still Tesla's killer app, among others.
I am happy to say that our apartment building will install a level 2 charger for any tenant with an assigned space. (For a fee of $70/month but no charge for electricity.)

Reactions: Spacep0d
It's great to see more, but the war is with gas cars...

Sadly, even if the Ford was 100x better in every-way... without a super charger network, it's a non-starter.

Not buying a car that can't car.

Now if the Ford had a similar system, it would certainly be contender. (And I want (all EVs) to be)!
The super charger network is not that important when you can charge at home and are not a frequent road tripper.

• Funny
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
The super charger network is not that important when you can charge at home and are not a frequent road tripper.

I'm another owner who understands that a percentage of owners are road-trippers - but for the majority of us - there isn't nearly the same obsession with squeezing out range maximums and Superchargers at every corner.

I put in a 240V for the Model S the week after it came home. I have the grandfathered free charging, but probably only use it when I have to go the SC for whatever current malady.

I'll wager 98% of my family driving is within 50 miles of the house. So even if I was flying around at 80 MPH all day I would still be fine.

On the one hand - this is a testament to how approachable Tesla has made the EV for so many.

On the other hand - I am one of many who would gladly trade some Tesla range for an EV with more Toyota-like reliability, even if it had lesser range.

The Mach-E may or may not punch the ticket... I hope it eventually does...

KS is closer to 4mil population, but the point stands. It’s really really inefficient. Next consider that every one of those counties has a county government and at least one school district. Some of those counties have two or three school districts despite having (shrinking) populations of fewer than 10,000 people. Not students - people. It’s a mess.

BUT the predominantly red legislature comes by and large from all those rural counties - so they’re not inclined to consolidate things to save money. A tad hypocritical. Nebraska switched to a unicameral legislature about 100 years ago and manages to govern itself with about 50 senators and no house. But Kansas needs 125 reps and another 40 senators. They’re in session about 4mos of the year and spend most of that time squabbling over gun and social issue legislation before cramming in another spending increase. So stupid. So inefficient. And not gonna change.

And now all you Californians can thank me for today’s lesson in the dysfunction of a state many of you will never visit. Pretty sunsets and fun thunderstorms, tho. And the mortgage on my 4,500sqft pad is less than the rent on your 1,200sqft apartment. :)
Quit complaining. Here in northern, we have LOTs of towns that are only 1 square mile right next to each other. About 110 years ago some group of politicians got together and decided that NJ would be better off if cities were broken up into small towns. Now we pay property taxes through the nose because each town has its own bureaucracy and school district.

Mach-E for some unknown reasons provides no way to see Rated range. That 115 miles range is an Estimated range based on whatever factors the computer took into account (previous driving history, temperature, etc.?). The problem with this is that it does not give you any idea of what your NEXT drive is going to be; basically, if I enter a destination 150 miles away along an easy route (or any new destination for that matter), will the car recalculate the Estimated range? I don't know, but if not then this Estimated range is useless and can be dangerous if I plan a heavier drive trip than the trips in my recent drive history.
Supposedly the rated range considers the route entered into the navigation system along with driving history and weather information.

Quit complaining. Here in northern, we have LOTs of towns that are only 1 square mile right next to each other. About 110 years ago some group of politicians got together and decided that NJ would be better off if cities were broken up into small towns. Now we pay property taxes through the nose because each town has its own bureaucracy and school district.

Yeah but, like, isn’t it reasonable to expect that Kansas - and virtually everywhere else - is better than New Jersey? I feel like that’s not a very high bar. Now, that said, I think NJ has no sales tax and periodically has a $5,000 EV tax credit! That’s almost $10k saved on the MME just for living in the Garden State.

• Funny
Reactions: BooMan
I'm another owner who understands that a percentage of owners are road-trippers - but for the majority of us - there isn't nearly the same obsession with squeezing out range maximums and Superchargers at every corner.

I put in a 240V for the Model S the week after it came home. I have the grandfathered free charging, but probably only use it when I have to go the SC for whatever current malady.

I'll wager 98% of my family driving is within 50 miles of the house. So even if I was flying around at 80 MPH all day I would still be fine.

On the one hand - this is a testament to how approachable Tesla has made the EV for so many.

On the other hand - I am one of many who would gladly trade some Tesla range for an EV with more Toyota-like reliability, even if it had lesser range.

The Mach-E may or may not punch the ticket... I hope it eventually does...

Agreed. But I still consider the Supercharger network (and faster charging) a relevant advantage because most people would probably like to take their EV on at least sporadic road trips. I just don’t consider those big enough advantages to outweigh all the stuff the MME has going for it.

That is just how it was coded for warranty purposes. But everyone agrees the cause was something post-production and pre-delivery.
everybody? huh? Imagine this letter is about a Tesla... next day - "Tesla's panel gaps are now that bad some drivers can't open the doors" in about every piece of S$hit_Press.

Last edited:

That was a fun review. It’s fun to watch a Mustang fan having fun in the Mach E. He did get one thing wrong: the “flimsy parcel shelf” is just a screen. Yes it’s dumb but it’s easy to remove.

And finally, he spends an inordinate amount of time debating whether it’s a Mustang. I get that this matters to a small group of enthusiasts - maybe his audience. Respectfully, I don’t think it matters to most people. Ford has decided to expand the Mustang brand from just V6-8 coupes to a more all-inclusive performance/luxury brand. Nothing wrong with that. And they did retain a lot of those sexy “Mustang” elements which look really good.

Poor guy just got his MME yesterday and it bricked in first 24 hours. He had to take it apart and work on it. At least a few of the MME forum members have a sense of humor...they are referring to the many MME folks as part of the "Electric Brick Club". The guy had no clue of the MME issues when his bricked....since not a single news outlet has warned of these issue after 2 weeks...crazy!

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...d-update-mach-e-jump-started.3457/post-113476

Reactions: alexgr