Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mustang Mach-E Gets Great Reviews = Model 3 Challenger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recall for Software Calibration

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/recall-21b02-s1-software-calibration-update.3868/

Will it make the big time EV blogs or other media outlets?

Now Ford sending cars back to the factory:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ford-just-pulled-my-car-back-to-factory.3881/

Replacing the entire drive train in hopes to fix problems after several trips to and days at the dealership:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ry-lvb-followed-by-stuck-in-park.3490/page-28

Some cars are at dealerships for two weeks.

This is an example of a today's post:
"I happened to check Ford Tracking since my arrival date was 2/27. Apparently my Grabber Blue FE came in Wed. 2/24. Dealer did not contact me which I thought was bizarre. I called and spoke with the sales guy and he told me the car has to go back to the factory. He said Ford contacted them not to sell the car but gave no explanation and he had no details as to why.

I called Ford customer service and they looked up VIN, no details. They made some calls but could get no information other than yes, car had to go back to the factory.

It's odd because my build date was somewhat late. 1/25/21. But I guess there is a major issue. Bad enough it can't be fixed at the dealership. Car is still sitting there so who knows when it will make it back, how long to fix, how long to get back, etc.

I can't wait any longer so another EV it will be for me. Disappointed but what are ya going to do?"

AND NOT A SINGLE STORY IN ANY NEWS OR BLOGONEWS!

Now Ford sending cars back to the factory:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ford-just-pulled-my-car-back-to-factory.3881/

Replacing the entire drive train in hopes to fix problems after several trips to and days at the dealership:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ry-lvb-followed-by-stuck-in-park.3490/page-28

Some cars are at dealerships for two weeks.

This is an example of a today's post:
"I happened to check Ford Tracking since my arrival date was 2/27. Apparently my Grabber Blue FE came in Wed. 2/24. Dealer did not contact me which I thought was bizarre. I called and spoke with the sales guy and he told me the car has to go back to the factory. He said Ford contacted them not to sell the car but gave no explanation and he had no details as to why.

I called Ford customer service and they looked up VIN, no details. They made some calls but could get no information other than yes, car had to go back to the factory.

It's odd because my build date was somewhat late. 1/25/21. But I guess there is a major issue. Bad enough it can't be fixed at the dealership. Car is still sitting there so who knows when it will make it back, how long to fix, how long to get back, etc.

I can't wait any longer so another EV it will be for me. Disappointed but what are ya going to do?"

AND NOT A SINGLE STORY IN ANY NEWS OR BLOGONEWS!

I just cant believe Ford rushed these out without the ability to fix thing with OTA updates. I would hate to have to go back to the dealership often to fix issues with software. I hope they can sort this out sooner than later.

Took the dog for a walk and found a Mach E in a driveway with factory plates. Walked up for a closer look and was impressed with the interior and exterior. I thought the sides near the back flared out like my M3 but not as dramatic. I kinda like the little dash through the steering wheel.​

Attachments

• PXL_20210226_140442167.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210226_140442167.MP.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 66
Agreed. But I still consider the Supercharger network (and faster charging) a relevant advantage because most people would probably like to take their EV on at least sporadic road trips. I just don’t consider those big enough advantages to outweigh all the stuff the MME has going for it.
This may be a regional bias. For me, living in the northeast, 200 miles is a long road trip.and will get me through five states. I think I can count on one hand the number of trips I have made that were longer than the range of either a Mach-E or a Model Y.

Reactions: Needsdecaf
The milage guess-o-meter considers the route entered into the navigation system as well as the temperature and the vehicle driving history.

It may be, but I doubt it works that way as it always displays a range even without any route selected in navigation.

People on MachEForum advice each other to reset the range display to see a number closer to the EPA rated range. Well, that basically confirms it is useless.

I don't know if there is another range meter in the Mach-E that shows the estimated energy consumption along a trip entered in the navigation system. And I don't know how accurate such estimated consumption is, if it exists. Anyone with "inside" knowledge?

People really need to be aware of this rollout. Folks on the MME forum are giving up....really sad and giving EV's a bad name.

This is almost hard to believe: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ad-the-mme-for-9-days-i-cant.3329/post-119357

The various EV sites ignoring this is really doing a dis-service.

It’s going to take the media getting involved before they actually do something. It took a while before they acknowledge the HG issues in the Focus RS which is their bread and butter.

Reactions: geekfam
It may be, but I doubt it works that way as it always displays a range even without any route selected in navigation.

People on MachEForum advice each other to reset the range display to see a number closer to the EPA rated range. Well, that basically confirms it is useless.

I don't know if there is another range meter in the Mach-E that shows the estimated energy consumption along a trip entered in the navigation system. And I don't know how accurate such estimated consumption is, if it exists. Anyone with "inside" knowledge?
I am sure it takes into account the available information. More information, better estimate.

Took the dog for a walk and found a Mach E in a driveway with factory plates. Walked up for a closer look and was impressed with the interior and exterior. I thought the sides near the back flared out like my M3 but not as dramatic. I kinda like the little dash through the steering wheel.​
Your dog seems kind of entranced too -- it is a good looking car from most any exterior angle.

It seems like Ford has botched the Mach-E rollout with the forums littered with pretty serious defects. People being stranded, cars not starting, driver displays whining, pano roof wind leaks and even some nasty panel gaps for good measure!

Ford is very bad at product launches. The current gen Explorer/Aviator launch in particular was so bad they were sending thousands of cars back to a facility in Flat Rock to disassemble the things just to fix major assembly problems. Missing HVAC components, missing structural welds, and so forth.

The new F150 launch got the Flat Rock treatment too and the Mach-E is being sent back to Mexico for refit after a number of delays and prior QA holds. The Bronco is similarly delayed. They’re just bad at this. (FWIW I also own a Ford).

The Mach-E will probably be all sorted by the 2022 model year. Between the Mustang, the I-PACE disaster, the Polestar messes, eTrons raining from inside, and Taycan stop-sale for structural/suspension problems it blows some holes in “only Tesla can’t screw a car together.”

Cars are hard, even when you’ve been building them for more than 100 years.

It seems like Ford has botched the Mach-E rollout with the forums littered with pretty serious defects. People being stranded, cars not starting, driver displays whining, pano roof wind leaks and even some nasty panel gaps for good measure!

Ford is very bad at product launches. The current gen Explorer/Aviator launch in particular was so bad they were sending thousands of cars back to a facility in Flat Rock to disassemble the things just to fix major assembly problems. Missing HVAC components, missing structural welds, and so forth.

The new F150 launch got the Flat Rock treatment too and the Mach-E is being sent back to Mexico for refit after a number of delays and prior QA holds. The Bronco is similarly delayed. They’re just bad at this. (FWIW I also own a Ford).

The Mach-E will probably be all sorted by the 2022 model year. Between the Mustang, the I-PACE disaster, the Polestar messes, eTrons raining from inside, and Taycan stop-sale for structural/suspension problems it blows some holes in “only Tesla can’t screw a car together.”

Cars are hard, even when you’ve been building them for more than 100 years.

Hadn't head of a Taycan stop sale. They're having plenty of 12v. issues though.

Hadn't head of a Taycan stop sale. They're having plenty of 12v. issues though.

A bunch of people waiting patiently for months for their $175,000 cars made by precise Germans seem peeved that they can’t be delivered until they’re reworked.

Naturally it’s not breathlessly reported on in the automotive media like another car manufacturer...

There are clearly major issues - but Ford is at least trying to mollify their early buyers - as opposed to Tesla's screw you stance.

Taking care of first payments and increasing electric charging credits are a nice gesture. Ford is trying to do the right thing.

Tesla never does the right thing when it screws up.

I have a very early Model 3 that was similarly afflicted with software and trim issues.

Tesla gave me a two year warranty extension, a free $2500 set of rims and tires and lent me an S100D while they sorted it.

Tesla isn’t always the sh*t-show the media makes them out to be.

There are clearly major issues - but Ford is at least trying to mollify their early buyers - as opposed to Tesla's screw you stance.

Taking care of first payments and increasing electric charging credits are a nice gesture. Ford is trying to do the right thing.

Tesla never does the right thing when it screws up.
I have a very early Model 3 that was similarly afflicted with software and trim issues.

Tesla gave me a two year warranty extension, a free $2500 set of rims and tires and lent me an S100D while they sorted it.

Tesla isn’t always the sh*t-show the media makes them out to be.

It's good Tesla took care of you. But that doesn't reflect reality for many of us.

Tesla's service and warranty model has completely cratered since the M3 intro.

It was starting to show its cracks about the time you got your car. Hell - Tesla was treating me like I mattered about the time the M3's were first released. That seems like eons ago.