Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mustang Mach-E GT Performance VS. Model Y Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks are subjective. The Mach-E definitely stands out because you rarely see them. Model 3/Y (they're basically the same look) you see everywhere. You feel like a lemming. Its the Honda Accord of EVs

I will say the charging network is what scrubbed the Mach-E off my list though, I needed a road trip car and Toyota wanted WAY too much ($11k over MSRP) for a Rav4 Prime.
The accord of EV’s, that’s some high praise. I have owned multiple accords as well. I hope the Y is as great a car over time as the accords were.

Reactions: FFR6288
The accord of EV’s, that’s some high praise. I have owned multiple accords as well. I hope the Y is as great a car over time as the accords were.
Tesla has already beat Honda in sales. In the case of the Model Y, it's insane because this model has only been out for less than two years.

THAT would be amazing! There is a company called IGENEXT that do "boost" modules for the 3 and Y. I reached out and asked if they do them for the MYP, they said "we are working on it"..

BOOST 50 for MY
FYI - these modules will work… but your car will flag it.
1645202436458.jpeg

Then if/when you need warranty work good luck.

Are we still talking about Y and Mach E or are we on to lightening? 0.3 might good for the lightening!
Cd of Model y is 0.23.
Cd of Mach-e is 0.3 or ~0.29 depending on who you ask.

The Mach-e requires greater than 30% more power to maintain 75 MPH.
Paraphrased from Car and Driver, Tested: 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Lives up to the Hype, If Not the Name.

Also, the Mach-e is fugly.

Reactions: WhiteWi
It is like the lottery with respect to what you get. My MY was pretty much perfect. My refreshed Model S had several issues that I won't drive until they are fixed. Another forum members S was so bad I think I would have refused delivery. You would think they would put a bit more effort in a 100k car but apparently not.

They won't get my car in for service until March. It should have never left the factory without the issues being fixed. How do you miss the door closing on the fender with significant paint transfer? Just one of several issues. Of course the missing parcel shelf, trunk cover, floor mats, etc.

I looked at several MME and generally they were well put together. Issues like limiting the power to 5 seconds or so full throttle is enough to keep me away though. For some people it might not be an issue. I will say I wish the Y or 3 had something like the Ford's top spec suspension.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2 and chillmode
I will say I wish the Y or 3 had something like the Ford's top spec suspension.
Top spec??? Magneride like on the GT PE would be nice, or air suspension. Other than that the Mach-E suspension is a far cry from "Top-Spec." McPherson Strut front and rear was a cost cutting measure and is not Top Spec. Yes, some very good cars use MS suspension, like the Porsche Boxter. In that case though, the MS is used because of space constraints. Porsche uses some very expensive components and excellent engineering to make the MS suspension work; Ford does not. Given that space is not a concern with the Mach-e, the best suspension would be similar to the 3, or the Y. You know, like Porsche uses on the Taycan. The POS Mach-E suspension is why it fails the "Moose" test. The Y has excellent suspension, and it can be improved with aftermarket components. The E has crap suspension, and not much can be done with it.

@Nakk It's pretty clear @DayTrippin meant the "top spec" of the Mach-E, i.e. the GT PE with Magneride dampers. The rest of the Mach-E have pretty terrible stock suspension tuning, but the GT PE suspension is quite nice for a daily driver crossover/wagon. (I'm making those statements based on testing a Premium AWD and a GT PE, and reading about how the other trims compare.)

The packaging advantages of MacPherson struts are a lot more relevant to most car buyers than their drawbacks. Neither Mach-E nor Model Y is made for the racetrack anyways.