Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mustang Mach E is a Gamechanger - My Opinion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s funny, not only did I test drive a Model 3 performance before I bought one, they drove it out to my house over an hour away for the test drive, which was over 2 hrs long by the way. Also when i picked up my car it was flawless
Again, the exception to the rule. There are TONS of posts here alone of people that not only didn't have their vehicle delivered to them but the salesperson didn't even have the car ready. Or the car wasn't cleaned upon pickup, or they sat and waited hours to picku up, etc. Again, there are many posts here with "bad Tesla experience".

Many of us know and understand where Tesla has its shortcomings but in the same vein some of us have tried other EV and PHEV’s from traditionally fossil vehicle manufacturer and despite large franchise networks and experience building vehicles they still manage to make the same rookie mistakes time and again or deliberately limit their equipments usefulness and or desirability through questionable marketing, lax or limited training for workshop, designs and if some cases even planned obsolescence.

That's a cool story bro. EV competition is good regardless. more competition means it's better for us overall, no?

Electrify America is an interesting network but it’s WAYYY too pricey to rely on as one would on SC’s.
I put a potential road trip into ABRP and it would take about 39 hours and be free if I took my Model S. It would take nearly the same 39 hours and cost $134 if I took the Model 3. With the Mach-E, it would cost $451 and take 59 hours, over 20 hours longer! Of course not all of that would be on Electrify America since the trip wouldn't be possible using only Electrify America's network.

But that doesn't stop you from writing out a bullet point putting Ford over Tesla because of build quality?

Keep digging...

On the other hand, I have had both Fords and a Tesla (and experienced though not owned an earlier Tesla), so I can compare. Let's just say that if you are unsatisfied with the build quality of a model 3, the game changer for you would probably not be a Ford, but be the Audi E-tron.

It is really well built and sturdy, even though I personally don't like driving it (compared to a model 3 almost anything starts to feel extremely claustrophobic -- you should try it. Personally it throws me back to the days I had an Audi A6).

The Mercedes EQC interior I like a lot more and it also exudes quality, but even then it feels claustrophobic. And it's got a lot more drawbacks as a car than the E-tron (which is perfectly fine if you like driving in dark coloured main battle tanks).

The Jaguar i-Pace has a more luxurious interior (and it's a lot less dark), but I wouldn't say it exudes quality.

One other point, BTW: to be a game changer for the Model Y, the Mach E would have to be built in quantities sufficient to put a dent in the quantities of Model Y that are projected to be built.

I’ve leased a GLC350e for 9 months as a second car. The interior quality is great and it drives nicely, but it has unexplained electrical system issues at 7 months that took Mercedes over a week to fix and was just involved in a minor accident (someone opened their car door into it when it was going about 15mph.). That accident was enough to put the car into limp mode and make it barely driveable. Damage to the hood, the front fender, and front door along with currently undiagnosed systems damage mean it will take four weeks to be repaired. I would stay away from the EQC. It’s clear the service departments don’t know how to deal with the plug-in hybrid and I’d be surprised if they were better right now for a full electric.

• Informative
Reactions: E Dizzle
Nope wrong. The Ranger EV was their Roadster stage The focus electric was there Model S / 3. now they're up to Model Y stage.

The Focus Electric certainly hasn't been their model 3 in terms of sales :)

(and the mach e sure isn't either in terms of production, range, or efficiency at the very least)

Again I expect they'll sell as many as they can build- both because that's a pretty low # and because the market has a lot more demand for not-crap EVs than the industry has supply....but their vehicle is still clearly a couple generations behind Teslas in most EV-specific regards.... in those aspects most legacy makers are still struggling to catch up to where the original Model S was in 2012.

I certainly appreciate some are finally putting some real effort into catching up... I'd LOVE if there were LOTS of options functionally as good as Teslas.... but they're not there yet, and it's increasingly obvious they're not gonna be for years yet.

Still as I say demand being what it is, "good enough" is gonna sell them as many as they can build- especially since being years behind on battery means they won't be building all that many for a while.

Why do people on TMC hate the EV competition so much? this community is almost as toxic as the League of Legends community, seriously..... we're all here for the same goal, THE FUTURE.
You see a bunch of Tesla fanboys defending their precious cars, I see a passionate, well-informed community pushing back on a troll spewing a bunch of unsubstantiated lies and half-truths.

Time to put this to rest!

He's started another thread to keep up the momentum/draw more into his vortex of lies, half-truths and conjecture. Humbly suggest clicking his avatar, then click ignore, otherwise we'll get this until December (this year or next, depending on when quantities of his beloved unreleased "Mustang" are widely available). And sure, he'll pop up with another name, but I think Knightshade has described his MO quite well and maybe we'll only take two pages to clock him.

Once we've got some facts on production Mustang then maybe this discussion will have some value.

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng
He's started another thread to keep up the momentum/draw more into his vortex of lies, half-truths and conjecture. Humbly suggest clicking his avatar, then click ignore, otherwise we'll get this until December (this year or next, depending on when quantities of his beloved unreleased "Mustang" are widely available). And sure, he'll pop up with another name, but I think Knightshade has described his MO quite well and maybe we'll only take two pages to clock him.

Once we've got some facts on production Mustang then maybe this discussion will have some value.

Why are you all so defensive? If ford hits their mark it is going to be an amazing EV.

• Funny
Reactions: IceIceBaby