Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mustang Mach-e positive reviews

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As much as I am of the view that many of the other manufacturers are starting to build some nice EVs with some good quality control and features one might expect in cars of this price range, without a built out cross country charging infrastructure that allows you to charge with reasonable speed, buying anything other than a Tesla (right now) leaves you essentially with a "city" car and not a "travelling car". And I fully agree that many reviewers understate the importance of having a fulsome charging infrastructure.

Level 2 is fine for overnight and Electrify America, among others, are building out charging facilities with high speed charging, but right now, I don't think twice about getting in my Model 3 in Toronto, and driving to New York or Pa, or Florida etc. (Well, maybe now I do because I can't get across the border but you know what I mean). If I had to rely on some other charging infrastructure (which would be the case for the Mach E, the etron, etc, that would be a challenge.

Reactions: house9 and alexgr
And this review is also funny from a Canadian duo:

What is so exciting about their finding that with traction control On the vehicle "naturally over-steers"? Tech Crunch went into "Car Cancel" mode about that.

I agree, these guys did a good job showing the car.

I just feel that the overall excitement about the Mach-E in most of reviews is grounded in an undisclosed monetary compensation.

Reactions: chinney
Give me just one reason why an average F-150 buyer would pony up to get an F-150 EV? Considering Ford's Mach-E efficiency and the size of F-150, the battery capacity must be huge and so will be the price. My guess is upward of $70k for about 300 miles range. WHO would pay for an EV 10+ grand more than for an otherwise identical truck? If ford does F-150 EV version, and runs small numbers, those number will remain small forever. You don't need a fricking marketing PhD to figure this out.
Me!, that's who. 6 year Tesla driver and fan of the brand. The Cybertruk is useless for me.....I need a 5th wheel to haul my horse trailer, and I want electric
Cybertruk has sloped sides, wrong shaped bed
Rivian's bed is too small to allow turns. Perhaps if they develop a long bed
F150E - perhaps IF it is beefy enough.

300 miles range is fine. 95% of my trips are 100 miles or less, to horse shows etc.. My Current truck is a 2012 F250 Ford, a tank, but it does the job I need.

There will be more people like me

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Me!, that's who. 6 year Tesla driver and fan of the brand. The Cybertruk is useless for me.....I need a 5th wheel to haul my horse trailer, and I want electric
Cybertruk has sloped sides, wrong shaped bed
Rivian's bed is too small to allow turns. Perhaps if they develop a long bed
F150E - perhaps IF it is beefy enough.

300 miles range is fine. 95% of my trips are 100 miles or less, to horse shows etc.. My Current truck is a 2012 F250 Ford, a tank, but it does the job I need.

There will be more people like me

I totally can see why Cybertruck is useless for you. Why would you consider F-150 EV over F-250? Remember, that 300 miles rated range will likely be less than 150 miles towing range. And F-150 EV most likely will be quite more expensive than F-250.

I totally can see why Cybertruck is useless for you. Why would you consider F-150 EV over F-250? Remember, that 300 miles rated range will likely be less than 150 miles towing range. And F-150 EV most likely will be quite more expensive than F-250.

I like EV's. I'd prefer an EV truck over gas/diesel. I really don't care if I pay a few more bucks for it, as the fuel savings, will pay back some of the cost, it's better for the environment, and I leave for the show with a "full tank" every time. When I got my Model s in 2015, I could have bought a gas powered Audi, BMW, or Mercedes for less, but I didn't, and I'm glad of that. The Tesla has been awesome.

Currently - no option for me in trucks..... I'd prefer a 3/4 or 1 ton model, but only 1/2 tons are on the horizon. If the F150EV's specs are up to towing a 3 horse 5th wheel, I'll buy one.
RE range: Sure I'll lose some range. No big deal. As I said, my typical trip is under 100 miles, return. If it's farther, (Unlikely hauling to a show) Flo, Chargepoint, Ivy, and Electrify Canada are building lots of DC chargers in every direction from home

Reactions: msm859
I like EV's. I'd prefer an EV truck over gas/diesel. I really don't care if I pay a few more bucks for it, as the fuel savings, will pay back some of the cost, it's better for the environment, and I leave for the show with a "full tank" every time. When I got my Model s in 2015, I could have bought a gas powered Audi, BMW, or Mercedes for less, but I didn't, and I'm glad of that. The Tesla has been awesome.

Currently - no option for me in trucks..... I'd prefer a 3/4 or 1 ton model, but only 1/2 tons are on the horizon. If the F150EV's specs are up to towing a 3 horse 5th wheel, I'll buy one.
RE range: Sure I'll lose some range. No big deal. As I said, my typical trip is under 100 miles, return. If it's farther, (Unlikely hauling to a show) Flo, Chargepoint, Ivy, and Electrify Canada are building lots of DC chargers in every direction from home

I see. I wish I am wrong, but you are not a typical F-150/250 customer.

There is a doubt F-150 EV will be rated for towing a 5th wheel trailer with 3 horses. I guess it's more than 10,000 lbs, right?
Anyway, as reviews show, at the limits of towing capacity EVs are very hungry for electrons.

Tesla is planning now supercharger slots for Cybertrucks, and already has some superchargers to accommodate a vehicle with a trailer.
I haven't seen any of those on other charging networks including EA (=EC I guess), but maybe I'm wrong.

Why do think that is?

I don't know about NY, but here the comments from my neighbors were like "But this is a city only car, right?" and "But you still can use gas if you need, right?". The level of awareness of people about electric cars is VERY low. People get information from news. And news are totally ignorant about ... well, many things. A couple months ago Tesla opened the first Service Center/Gallery in our city (and state). A news channel visited the SC and reported that they still don't have cars on the lot to sell, and apparently do service only.

I don't know about NY, but here the comments from my neighbors were like "But this is a city only car, right?" and "But you still can use gas if you need, right?". The level of awareness of people about electric cars is VERY low. People get information from news. And news are totally ignorant about ... well, many things. A couple months ago Tesla opened the first Service Center/Gallery in our city (and state). A news channel visited the SC and reported that they still don't have cars on the lot to sell, and apparently do service only.

This is prob right. Most people ask me horrible questions like how do I get it fixed and what happens when the battery runs out while driving. Very common for people to assume it is a hybrid or doesn't go far. People don't seem to understand that you can charge at home everyday. When I tell them they also assume it takes days to charge. I get hit with all kinds of bad questions. It's like they are looking for a reason to disregard it as a viable option.

Flying is NOT cheap. Flying with a family is very NOT cheap. Once in a while we drive to other cities within 100-250 miles from us. Flying there would be totally impractical. Driving in Tesla is only possible because of the Superchargers.

sorry we don't have kids. 250miles... I'm flying. I understand what you mean though. Your dinners out likely cost more than my plane tickets sometimes if you have a few kids.

Reactions: alexgr
sorry we don't have kids. 250miles... I'm flying. I understand what you mean though. Your dinners out likely cost more than my plane tickets sometimes if you have a few kids.

Another reason is that I live in Tulsa, and it is not a major air-transfer-hub like NYC. Think of living upstate NY, say, in Utica, flying out of there will be long and expensive. This is probably true for a good half of the US. If I wanna fly for a few-day vacation on a cheap ticket, the best way for me would be to drive to Dallas (250 miles from me). So, even without kids, the superchargers system makes sense for those who are not in the vicinity of airline hubs.

On a side note... I found that in CA the superchargers are permanently occupied by Model S cars even in the night. That is probably because when you spend $70k+ on a car saving $10 on a free supercharger becomes your lifestyle. :rolleyes::mad:

On a side note... I found that in CA the superchargers are permanently occupied by Model S cars even in the night. That is probably because when you spend $70k+ on a car saving $10 on a free supercharger becomes your lifestyle. :rolleyes::mad:

My across-the-street neighbor has a Model S. She has a 14-50 installed literally next to the car in her garage and her UMC hanging from it. Yet she rarely charges at home and uses her free supercharging instead. Why? Gives her an excuse to get out of the house and walk around a bit while the car is charging.

My across-the-street neighbor has a Model S. She has a 14-50 installed literally next to the car in her garage and her UMC hanging from it. Yet she rarely charges at home and uses her free supercharging instead. Why? Gives her an excuse to get out of the house and walk around a bit while the car is charging.
:eek::mad::( Superchargers should be installed in landfills with no internet network connection.

I love the Mach-E but put it side by side with a 3 or Y and it’s a lot more expensive with less range and non SC network.

I still remember when everyone complained about EVs not having enough range or power. But now it’s not a big deal.

Well that all sounds crazy. In California you see Teslas everywhere. Go to the Bay Area and you probably see more of them then any other particular car. We have Superchargers most places and growing quickly.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I get hit with all kinds of bad questions. It's like they are looking for a reason to disregard it as a viable option.

@P3dStealth sounds like confirmation bias to me. Many people think (have a preconceived notion that) an EV would not work for them. Rather than looking for reasons to be wrong, human tend to look for things that confirm the opinions we already hold. Sadly.

In California you see Teslas everywhere. Go to the Bay Area and you probably see more of them then any other particular car.

@msm859 up the coast "a few" miles from you in Vancouver Canada, I wouldn't go as far as to say I see them more than any other particular car, but I definitely see a boatload on the road. Even on short trips to a restaurant for takeout and back home, I routinely see a dozen or more in the area I live in.