Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mustang Mach-e positive reviews

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sorry we don't have kids. 250miles... I'm flying. I understand what you mean though. Your dinners out likely cost more than my plane tickets sometimes if you have a few kids.
Really 250 mile flight? Thats like Chicago to Indianapolis. With having to get to airport early for security and everything. First get to airport and say that is 30 minutes. Minimum hour before flight. Then fly what about an hour. Then have to deplane and get luggage taking a good another 30+ minutes. Then get to destination say another 30 minutes if not renting a car. So about 4 hours. I would just go ahead and drive.

Really 250 mile flight? Thats like Chicago to Indianapolis. With having to get to airport early for security and everything. First get to airport and say that is 30 minutes. Minimum hour before flight. Then fly what about an hour. Then have to deplane and get luggage taking a good another 30+ minutes. Then get to destination say another 30 minutes if not renting a car. So about 4 hours. I would just go ahead and drive.
Agreed. My son lives in LA - 500 miles away. Sometimes I fly and sometimes I drive. All depends what is happening. However, I don't see how it makes sense to fly somewhere less than 300-400 miles away - unless perhaps the airport is very close and you don't need a car where you are going.

Reactions: transpondster
Agreed. My son lives in LA - 500 miles away. Sometimes I fly and sometimes I drive. All depends what is happening. However, I don't see how it makes sense to fly somewhere less than 300-400 miles away - unless perhaps the airport is very close and you don't need a car where you are going.

Carry on bags no waiting for lugage. I'm 11 miles from the airport. I show up 40mins early and eat breakfast, drink coffee, read news. Get on plane fly. Walk off plane into my rental car or get picked up. You can even eliminate the 40mins early at the airport because even if I don't fly I'd stop for breakfast.

If you are not close to the airport maybe it doesn't work. Me I'd have to drive by 4 of them just to get out of nyc and NJ.

Well that all sounds crazy. In California you see Teslas everywhere. Go to the Bay Area and you probably see more of them then any other particular car. We have Superchargers most places and growing quickly.

They aren't common at all in NY. I still point out every other tesla like it's a thing. Sometimes I give them a wave and we connect in an awkward way. I don't know anyone else with a tesla. Had never seen a model 3 until I got mine

They aren't common at all in NY. I still point out every other tesla like it's a thing. Sometimes I give them a wave and we connect in an awkward way. I don't know anyone else with a tesla. Had never seen a model 3 until I got mine

Like I said "crazy". Actually not, but it is interesting differences in the country. I live in upper northern California in a town just under 100k population. We have a Tesla Supercharger station and a Tesla Service Center. I do not think I could go anywhere driving about without seeing several Tesla's. You go to the San Francisco bay area and it looks like the 90's when everyone had BMW's, except now they are Tesla's.

I've used a supercharger maybe 4 times just to use up the free miles.

I don't think the superchargers are that big of a deal. Flying is cheap.
You may be at one end of the Supercharging spectrum and I am at the other: I have Supercharged my S-60 459 times over 94,000+ miles, in 21 states and provinces, over four and a half years. All but one of those Supercharging sessions were on road trips (because the first ever local Supercharger Station near me — only 30 miles away! — opened just one week ago).

I have only one car and most of my miles are long road trips, which I find lots of fun! If never have to get on another airplane, that will be fine with me.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Where in NY are you talking about? EVs, mostly Tesla, are all over. I see tons every single day.

You are in suffolk. There are only 1,567 tesla model 3s registered in suffolk county. I agree with you that I do see teslas more common in NY than last year but I don't think it's a common car yet. Maybe we all notice more because we look for them. I try to convince everyone to get an electric vehicle but typically it doesn't work. They don't even consider it like it's not feasible over an ice car.

Compare to the amount of electric vehicles on the road in california we aren't even close.

According to the state ny only has 29k BEVs registered.

Electric Vehicle Registration Map - NYSERDA

Last edited:
You are in suffolk. There are only 1,567 tesla model 3s registered in suffolk county. I agree with you that I do see teslas more common in NY than last year but I don't think it's a common car yet. Maybe we all notice more because we look for them. I try to convince everyone to get an electric vehicle but typically it doesn't work. They don't even consider it like it's not feasible over an ice car.

Compare to the amount of electric vehicles on the road in california we aren't even close.

According to the state ny only has 29k BEVs registered.

Electric Vehicle Registration Map - NYSERDA
I probably see 10 Teslas a day, without trying. S3XY, the whole stable.

Where in NY are you talking about? EVs, mostly Tesla, are all over. I see tons every single day.

I live in Central NY and hardly every see them. Its so rare that for some reason I feel the need to call out one every time I see it and I have yet to drive my wife crazy. lol

Part of the issue is that the nearest Sales Center is about 4hrs away and the nearest service center is over an hour away. Unfortunately NY does not allow Tesla to open any more Sales Centers.

Enough for me to stop reading.

How much does Doug know about cars? He is a used car sales person, making car reviews with no real content.

Have you seen Doug destroying a perfectly working Audi... and put this video proudly on his YouTube web page !!!

I would wait for Bjørn Nyland, for example, to make a real review, in particular regarding efficiency and charging speed.

Yeah, let's jump on cars, push shopping carts into cars and crush cars to get hits. He's also not old enough and hasn't done enough research or he would have mentioned the Audi Fox. The Foxes were like sandals - when they didn't work anymore you junked them.

I live in Central NY and hardly every see them. Its so rare that for some reason I feel the need to call out one every time I see it and I have yet to drive my wife crazy. lol

Part of the issue is that the nearest Sales Center is about 4hrs away and the nearest service center is over an hour away. Unfortunately NY does not allow Tesla to open any more Sales Centers.
I hear you. I spot them too but we see them non-stop haha.

Downstate has tons. Just on Long Island (physically including Brooklyn) we have access to 3 Service Centers, 3 stores and 1 gallery w/in 1 hours radius. Newest Sales/Service Center, very close by, just opened recently.

A couple of "The Car of the Year" awards have been awarded to Mach-E today by thecarconnection and green car reports. The argumentation looks as if it were written by the Ford PR team. I start thinking that Ford made Mach-E to try and discredit EV in general and Tesla in particular, and that they don't really intend to sell the car or make any profit on it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E: The Car Connection's Best Car To Buy 2021

With a 300-mile range that rivals only the Tesla Model Y and a price that undercuts it by at least $7,000

Model Y AWD 326 miles $49,990
Mach-E CA Route 1 RWD 300 miles $49,800
Premium RWD + Ext Range 300 miles $52,000

Actually, Model Y (LR AWD) can only be compared to a similar trim which is Mach-E Premium AWD + Extended Range : 270 miles range and $54,700.

Unless you factor in $7500 federal tax credit, I don’t see any $7000 advantage.
I see that Mach0E is almost $5000 more expensive than MY and has 17.8% less range.
Considering the usable battery capacity of MY of 72.5 kWh vs 88kWh of Mach-E, Tesla is 46.6% more energy efficient!!!
The importance of this for consumers is NOT in the environmental impact but at the speed of charging at any given charging power. For every 10 minutes Model Y spends charging at, say, 100 kW power, Mach-E will have to spend 15 minutes to add the same number of miles. And so far the reports of Mach-E attempts to "fast" charge have been mainly disastrous.

Ford Mustang Mach-E: Green Car Reports’ Best Car To Buy 2021

“It would offer versions with an actual EPA-rated 300-mile range, have full-vehicle over-the-air updates, and would be one of the debut vehicles for a driver-assistance system with the potential to rival Navigate on Autopilot.” “…the sheer physics of Tesla’s efficiency accomplishments can make the Mach-E look like a low achiever.” “But we have to believe that Ford will make gains on this with over-the-air updates in the near future.”

This makes me wonder if this is the car of the year or “potentially” the car of the year.

Last edited: