Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mute seatbelt alarm for child seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else tried to do this? Doesn’t seem to work for my MY.

“You can temporarily mute a seat belt reminder associated with a rear seating position. This is useful in situations when you are carrying an object in a rear seat that triggers the seat belt reminder alert. To mute the reminder, touch the associated seat on the seat belt reminder card that displays on the touchscreen when a seat belt reminder alert is active. When a reminder is muted, the seat belt reminder icon is replaced by a seat icon. Touch the seat again to unmute the reminder. The reminder is disabled for the current drive only.”

I do it all the time. I have a dog that goes in the back seat and have to disabled all the backseat sensors for her. Works perfectly.

When the notification comes up on the screen I just tap the red circle for the seat she is on and it goes to "car seat" mode. It no longer opens a notification for that seat sensor.

What are you doing?

• Informative
Reactions: browellm
When the notification comes up on the screen I just tap the red circle for the seat she is on and it goes to "car seat" mode. It no longer opens a notification for that seat sensor.
I had no idea this was a thing... I've been plugging the seatbelts in underneath the seat cover when my dog is in the back to stop the alarms. She moves around a lot in the back, so was setting off all 3 alarms periodically.

Does each alarm stay muted for the trip if the dog moves from one to another & back again?

I had no idea this was a thing... I've been plugging the seatbelts in underneath the seat cover when my dog is in the back to stop the alarms. She moves around a lot in the back, so was setting off all 3 alarms periodically.

Does each alarm stay muted for the trip if the dog moves from one to another & back again?
Me neither, we had the dog in the back recently and did the same :D

I do it all the time. I have a dog that goes in the back seat and have to disabled all the backseat sensors for her. Works perfectly.

What are you doing?
That feature doesn’t work in the UK, nor possibly all of Europe.

For me it stays that way until I disable it. Even after parking the car and returning later.

That feature doesn’t work in the UK, nor possibly all of Europe.

That's weird - why would that be?

there's some very strange behaviour here. We have had exactly the same car seats in for over a year. Same positions and everything. Yet after the latest update, we get continuous warnings from the seat where the heavier car seat is located. Never had any warnings before.

Did they mess with the sensors during the last update?

there's some very strange behaviour here. We have had exactly the same car seats in for over a year. Same positions and everything. Yet after the latest update, we get continuous warnings from the seat where the heavier car seat is located. Never had any warnings before.

Did they mess with the sensors during the last update?
Same here - no seat belt warning for almost a year and now keeps getting the warnings. Two things happened with mine - one is the update to the recent version, the other I removed the seat for cleaning and refit the seat again. Don’t know which one triggered the warning in my case! It is a real pain not able to dismiss the warnings just like how our American friends can do. Elon, Could we have that option please?

yeah that cancel alarm option doesn't work in the UK and despite the helpful suggestion of a seat belt alarm stopper, that's pretty inconvenient if you are hoisting kids in and out throughout the day.

I think it's the update. For some reason it's more sensitive now. The seat has been in the same place for months now and I've taken it in and out regularly in the past to clean the seat almost on a weekly basis. No issues until this latest update.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it's isofix clipped. Is yours @spdpsba? I wonder if that means it is somehow forced down further onto the seat than it would be if it was simply sitting on it. Might give that a try if I can remember...

Reactions: googlepeakoil
I think it's the update. For some reason it's more sensitive now. The seat has been in the same place for months now and I've taken it in and out regularly in the past to clean the seat almost on a weekly basis. No issues until this latest update.

Mine are hyper-sensitive. I put my bag of empty shopping bags on the back seat the other day on the way to Sainsburys & it triggered the seat belt sensor so I had to pull over to move them. Seems a bit excessive to sense that amount of weight, you'd expect them to ignore something so light.

Doesn't explain why behaviour may have changed in your case though.

yeah that cancel alarm option doesn't work in the UK and despite the helpful suggestion of a seat belt alarm stopper, that's pretty inconvenient if you are hoisting kids in and out throughout the day.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it's isofix clipped. Is yours @spdpsba? I wonder if that means it is somehow forced down further onto the seat than it would be if it was simply sitting on it. Might give that a try if I can remember...
No, not mine. But before I removed the seat mine was fixed bit tight and this time I changed it on the slightly easier side that does make the seat wobble a bit. I guess it is sensing this as a human moving around. When I get time I’ll remove and do it bit tight and see.

Mine are hyper-sensitive. I put my bag of empty shopping bags on the back seat the other day on the way to Sainsburys & it triggered the seat belt sensor so I had to pull over to move them. Seems a bit excessive to sense that amount of weight, you'd expect them to ignore something so light.

Doesn't explain why behaviour may have changed in your case though.
Got 2 childseats in the back that often bing when accelerating. plus if I put a rucksack in the passenger seat that can set it off! Most annoying!