Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MVPA Backlog

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This probably doesn't come as a surprise to any of you but apparently there is a backlog. I received an email from an ISA letting me know the vehicle was ready. When I asked how to pay she said she would have to request a MVPA and that it would take some time since they had a backlog of over 500 model 3 contracts. 500 doesn't sound crazy since they make 5000 a week, but it is a bit strange that they email people saying they are "ready" and then go "oh.. we need the MVPA. Sorry. We aren't ready"

Sounds like you're hitting the Texas contract wall too.

There's a ton of Texas buyers waiting on contracts right now. It's been 2 weeks for me and there's been no change other than my ISA saying that we're still waiting on paperwork... Getting close to Elon-tweeting time...

This wait without an explanation is silly. Cranking out a boilerplate purchase agreement with X buyer's details filled in should take minutes, even with proofreading for accuracy included. Something else behind the scenes must be happening.. right?

i'm on the same boat. ISA told me on 7/18 that we're ready to go and just need contracts team to complete paperwork. i'm all cash no trade-in. this should be the easiest part of the process but there's no ETA. i've pressed my ISA and he says his hands are tied.

This probably doesn't come as a surprise to any of you but apparently there is a backlog. I received an email from an ISA letting me know the vehicle was ready. When I asked how to pay she said she would have to request a MVPA and that it would take some time since they had a backlog of over 500 model 3 contracts. 500 doesn't sound crazy since they make 5000 a week, but it is a bit strange that they email people saying they are "ready" and then go "oh.. we need the MVPA. Sorry. We aren't ready"
As a mod S driver-- not chatter I do not understand you Acronym lingo. Can you help me? What is IVPA, what is ISA??? Writing it out is too gruesome? how about using Siri?

Reactions: SW2Fiddler
i'm on the same boat. ISA told me on 7/18 that we're ready to go and just need contracts team to complete paperwork. i'm all cash no trade-in. this should be the easiest part of the process but there's no ETA. i've pressed my ISA and he says his hands are tied.
I'm a bit confused as to how they can make self driving cars, but yet have huge problems sending out boilerplate contracts that could be auto generated based on your order details/zip code and payment information.

Reactions: LonestarV
I'm a bit confused as to how they can make self driving cars, but yet have huge problems sending out boilerplate contracts that could be auto generated based on your order details/zip code and payment information.

the worst part is that they are unable to give an ETA. could be 1 day, 1 week, or 1 month. i'm a bit concerned as it seems to me that they're so backlogged that they seem to be prioritizing via delivery date. so if you're taking delivery today then you're getting prioritized. that means for us TX folks, none of us are prioritized because our cars can't even get on the truck before contracts are finalized and payment is paid.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. My delivery is TOMORROW at noon. I'm waiting for contracts, my delivery advisor said they will probably get loaded tomorrow before delivery, however Alliant isn't open on Saturday or Sunday. I'm driving almost 4 hours one way to get the car. If I don't come back with my car, I'll be a little angry. I've contacted everyone I can, all I can do is wait.

Anyone else have this situation come up and Tesla let you drive away with the car?

Yeah I'm in the same boat. My delivery is TOMORROW at noon. I'm waiting for contracts, my delivery advisor said they will probably get loaded tomorrow before delivery, however Alliant isn't open on Saturday or Sunday. I'm driving almost 4 hours one way to get the car. If I don't come back with my car, I'll be a little angry. I've contacted everyone I can, all I can do is wait.

Anyone else have this situation come up and Tesla let you drive away with the car?

Also, the car has been at the delivery store since last Friday. I'm told it is ready to go.

As a mod S driver-- not chatter I do not understand you Acronym lingo. Can you help me? What is IVPA, what is ISA??? Writing it out is too gruesome? how about using Siri?
You are a Model S owner, not a "chatter" but are reading through posts about Model 3 deliveries? The acronyms used are widely used on this site which is why I didn't write it out. Not sure what Siri has to do with this either?

Same with me also here in SoCal. My credit union (USC) is even willing to work with a pro forma agreement but just need the pro forma signed by Tesla. But even then, it's difficult to reach Tesla and get the damn thing signed. sigh!!!

Same with me also here in SoCal. My credit union (USC) is even willing to work with a pro forma agreement but just need the pro forma signed by Tesla. But even then, it's difficult to reach Tesla and get the damn thing signed. sigh!!!
In same situation with USC credit union. Picking up the car tomorrow morning, but still dont have a contract to show USC. Contacted ISA said it may or may not happen today and if thats the guess will have to reschedule delivery.

In same situation with USC credit union. Picking up the car tomorrow morning, but still dont have a contract to show USC. Contacted ISA said it may or may not happen today and if thats the guess will have to reschedule delivery.
My delivery is Sunday. USC CU said they will work with pro forms and order agreement without the actual MVPA as long as Tesla signed them.

That's what I did and they overnighted the check to Tesla a few mins before they close. I gotta say their turn-around time is impressive. Got my loan doc and check shipped out within one hour!!

Delivery center said they are ok with just the tracking number from credit union.

My delivery is Sunday. USC CU said they will work with pro forms and order agreement without the actual MVPA as long as Tesla signed them.

That's what I did and they overnighted the check to Tesla a few mins before they close. I gotta say their turn-around time is impressive. Got my loan doc and check shipped out within one hour!!

Delivery center said they are ok with just the tracking number from credit union.
wow i was not given any of those options. You were able to get a contract from your ISA though?