Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MVPA Process

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery scheduled early Nov and received my MVPA today. Questions:

1. How far in advance of delivery did you sign it?
2. Payment - for those who didn't finance, anyone just show up and write a check there and then or did you have to wire ahead of time

Grey P85/19" Cyclone/Black/Carbon/Tech/Air/Parking/Sound confirmed 9/12/13 expected delivery early Nov 13.

I signed mine over a month ahead of delivery, in order to fit within my financing approval window.

Once the MVPA has been sent, your dashboard should get a button for payment. You can specify on the payment calculator how much will be provided at delivery, and how much will be paid ahead. I did not see in any of the paperwork that there was any particular split that was required, though they did ask who was financing. It may be that if you're not financing, they'll want the payment ahead of time, but I will likely not make the down payment until much closer to the production window.

I got my MPVA electronically about 10 days before delivery. I financed so this may not apply to you, but that gave me enough time to send that over to my credit union and get a check over nighted to me which I then presented upon delivery (which I picked up straight from coming off vacation in HI. first time I think I ever wanted to cut a vacation short!)

You'll have an option to pay via electronic check or wire transfer ahead of time via your dashboard. If they accept payment on the day of delivery I guess that's an option for you too. I'm in Hawaii and Tesla requires payment before they deliver the vehicle to the dock in California for shipment, so payment ahead of delivery is required for us.

You'll have an option to pay via electronic check or wire transfer ahead of time via your dashboard. If they accept payment on the day of delivery I guess that's an option for you too. I'm in Hawaii and Tesla requires payment before they deliver the vehicle to the dock in California for shipment, so payment ahead of delivery is required for us.

Same in Texas--payment due before it leaves CA.