TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

MX 0-60 Increases! (75D and 100D)

Discussion in 'Model X' started by voltaren, Jul 1, 2017.

1. voltaren

voltaren Member

#1 voltaren, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    About time! 75D and 100D have their 0-60 speeds increased (i.e. dropped) to 4.9s and 4.7s respectively. Makes sense because of the M3s sub 0-60 goal.

Tesla is saying both hardware and software updates will increase the speed. This is supposedly on new MXs rolling off the line.

I think existing X75Ds are already cable of 4.9s... so hopefully a software update will be sufficient. Brooks has already proven the software limited power output - ostensibly to create a market between the MX sub models.

Btw, MS 75D will now do 0-60 in 4.2s... good luck ICE cars.

2. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

Just saw this! Anymore info on this? Will my current 75D be upgradeable?

3. Seattle Tom

Seattle Tom Member

According to electrek, no. It's both a software AND hardware change so only for new cars being made now.

4. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

Wonder what the have to change in terms of hardware...maybe a paid upgrade? Just saw the electrek post. 7 seater is now cheaper than the 6 seater and foldable! And high amperage charging included + Its cheaper? Regrets for buying 2 months ago :(

5. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Is high amperage on all models included?

6. voltaren

voltaren Member

According to the reddit thread, the MX 75D upgrade will be "mostly" software. Coupled with the software controlled speed, my thinking (certainly wishful) is that existing 75Ds will be upgradeable. Maybe not 4.9, but possibly low 5s like the old MS 75D that did it in 5.2s.

7. outie

outie Active Member

I'd pay 1k to upgrade my 60D to 4.9.

8. voltaren

voltaren Member

Shhhh... don't give them any ideas!

I want it for free (though I agree)!

• Funny x 1
  9. by74

by74 Member

I bet 75D is using the same battery module as 100D now

10. ewolp

ewolp Member

Yup... We need to see the GVWR to see for sure.

11. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

That's what I'm thinking, probably means faster charging as well. Even more regrets, if that's true, it's the biggest thing I regretted going with 75D over 100D for - charging speed

12. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Here are the confirmed 0 - 60 times ... Tesla introduces new performance enhancements to Model S and Model X

The bigger Model X, which is only available with dual motor, is also seeing some new performance enhancements:
    • Model X 75D: 4.9 seconds down from 6.0 seconds
    • Model X 100D: 4.7 seconds down from 5.2 seconds

13. Pandamoanium

Pandamoanium Member

Interesting, so what about the 90D? I know it isn't available for purchase, but that isn't cool for us 90D owners now....

14. outie

outie Active Member

What...? No one is getting an upgrade if you already got your car. It doesn't matter what model you got.

15. Pandamoanium

Pandamoanium Member

Haha, you didn't put much thought into my question huh?

The 90D is longer available for purchase new, so it's stats will never change. When buying the 90D versus the 75D, the battery pack range wasn't even really that big of a difference (which has been proven) and for some, the performance increase was worth the extra. Now, a new 75D off the line matches everything but the slight range bump.

Understand what I'm getting at?

• Like x 1
  16. smac

smac Active Member

What a boneheaded move if you ask me.

Just think about the complete carnage that this has caused for all the inventory / CPO. All the non P inventory plus all the in transit cars will need to be written down.

Then there are the residuals, all the RWD cars are slower than the "new" RWD 75's. Heck even the original P85 is now the same 0-60 as a base Model S :(

And' let's not forget they just opened themselves up for unhappy recent owners demanding a retrofit...

Way to go Tesla. Could you not have waited until you'd got the 3 out the door ?

• Disagree x 4
    • Funny x 1
  17. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

If you have been watching Tesla, this is not unexpected ... a few reasons below. :cool:

1. Typical End of Quarter sales push followed by another upgrade announcement.
    2. Further product differentiation between the Model S and 3 prior to the July reveal.

• Like x 1
  18. Pandamoanium

Pandamoanium Member

I agree, they make a lot of changes, but it was usually tech and battery related which I was okay with. This change isn't terrible at all, albeit for someone like me who spent more money for a boost in performance (I'm not loaded, didn't want to stretch for a P).

Just think of the new 718s. People are losing their *sugar* over the loss of two cylinders and it sounding like a WRX with Porsche clothing. This will also pass, but it doesn't mean people are going to be happy about it!

• Funny x 1
  19. Dutchie

Dutchie Member

Took delivery of X100D last week. Now, 0.5 sec. faster. Naaaah won't loose sleep over it. Car is plenty fast. Besides, I've noticed you get used to the performance rather quickly. I would have been more upset if I just bought HW1 and a week later HW2 was announced.

20. shayster

shayster Member

The article had the previous 0-60 time for the 100D wrong. It was previously listed in the configurator at 4.8 seconds.

• Like x 7