Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX 2017 creaking front right inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a MX 2017 car, a crackling (creaking) began a couple of months ago in front, on the right in the glove box / passenger door area when driving. The sound is not very loud and the music saves, but only in silence it's hell! The exact location cannot be determined. I've tried everything I can - it doesn't help. Even if you remove the door sill or door trim, the crackling does not disappear. Someone wrote on the forum that you need to insert a towel between the door trim and the sill. This really helps. This suggests that the reason is not in the details of the finish. The sound seems to be from the longitudinal swing of the door while driving. I suspect that the problem is serial and is related to the door closing mechanism, which makes similar sounds when you shake the open door. The driver's door, however, also sounds in the open position, but it is silent when driving. Has anyone had this and how to deal with it?

Your suspension shock absorber is due for replacement. It will get worse.
I do not think so. The sound I hear is more like the crackling of trim elements. The sound is not at all like a metallic knock. The sound is heard both at low and good speeds on small bumps in the road.
I remember in my beloved MS2014 there was something similar due to poor metal welding at the very bottom of the windshield on the right. There is a Tesla service bulletin, according to which it was necessary to take a chisel with a hammer and carefully beat it in the glass area in order to separate the rubbing metal elements. I did this and it helped!
But in MX it looks like the problem is with the right front door. Really no one has such a problem?

I had same issue and Tesla kept the car for 7 weeks trying to find the source and even sent it to a bodyshop to check for any part damage. They were also having parts shortage ( at least that is what they told me). Finally they fixed it. I am attaching the invoice they sent me. May be this will help.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.pdf
    262.5 KB · Views: 98