Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX 60d AP Wording Changed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just snagged 2016 S75 last night on the CPO list.
I barely had time to look at the specs.

Under options, is listed the same changed language from what I've previously seen while searching.

Autopilot 1.0 with convenience features

I've gathered what's going on here from this thread, but I'm very unclear exactly what is included as built.

Can anyone link to a thread detailing what this AP version will actually do?

Or perhaps give me the rundown here.

I know I will eventually gonthru this with my rep, but I'm having a bit of anxiety over the language change and what I might mean in terms of operability.

OK, I can see that that got left out of my options, but I highly doubt they will let you order AP Convenience features after the fact as it isn't offered on new cars. So it would be:
  • Hardware version 2 with only AP Safety Features active (but upgradable at any time to Enhanced AP ($6k), or Enhanced AP & Full autonomy($10k)).
Not that it matters to anybody not in my situation (it doesn't), but here's what I ordered:

ap upgrade.png

I ordered "Enable after delivery for $3,500".

I just snagged 2016 S75 last night on the CPO list.
I barely had time to look at the specs.

Under options, is listed the same changed language from what I've previously seen while searching.

Autopilot 1.0 with convenience features

I've gathered what's going on here from this thread, but I'm very unclear exactly what is included as built.

Can anyone link to a thread detailing what this AP version will actually do?

Or perhaps give me the rundown here.

I know I will eventually gonthru this with my rep, but I'm having a bit of anxiety over the language change and what I might mean in terms of operability.

See @Ulmo'S post right below yours. What you are getting is what is in that screenshot.

I was in the same boat. Ordered ap1 and before production ap2 was released and my build page was stuck on AP1. I got an email from Tesla yesterday saying this -

"Hello Chris,

We recently announced that all Tesla vehicles produced in our factory, including your car, have the new hardware needed for Enhanced Autopilot and ultimately Full Self-Driving capability, at a safety level substantially greater than that of a human driver. With this new hardware come two options not previously available: Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving. These options are available for upgrade now and take the Tesla driving experience to a new level. Now is the perfect opportunity to upgrade your configuration so you can enjoy Enhanced Autopilot features such as automatic lane change, on-ramp to off-ramp navigation, advanced Autosteer and Summon as they roll out.

Simply click the upgrade button below to review and make these enhancements to your current configuration prior to taking delivery, and take advantage of our pre-delivery pricing.

If you choose not to upgrade, your car will delivered with the options you configured, without Enhanced Autopilot features. Post-delivery upgrades will be subject to a $1,000 surcharge.

Thank you for your support and we’re excited for your upcoming delivery.".

- UGRADE NOW -

OK, I can see that that got left out of my options, but I highly doubt they will let you order AP Convenience features after the fact as it isn't offered on new cars. So it would be:
  • Hardware version 2 with only AP Safety Features active (but upgradable at any time to Enhanced AP ($6k), or Enhanced AP & Full autonomy($10k)).
thats true MP3Mike - I spoke to my DS and upgraded my order at no charge to include EAP and Full Self Drive (when available) by paying the difference to upgrade from AP to EAP and full additional Full Self Drive option

got an email introducing the new AP choices and asking me to upgrade my order. The link provided took me to a page with EAP and full auto driving options listed and selection in typical tesla style check box and description - when I chose what I want and clicked update, an acknowledgement is shown with the message "changes will reflect with cost within 5 business days in your MyTesla".

• Informative
Reactions: beths11