TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

MX 75D 0-60 limited by sw or hw

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by ishak, Jul 27, 2016.

1. ishak

ishak Member

Anyone know if it's theoretically possible to unlock a faster 0-60 time on a 75D via software alone?

2. jason1466

jason1466 Member

Interesting question. They say smaller motor in rear in marketing material, but have been known to use the same parts to streamline production. Another possible upgrade? I doubt it, though. OK, I just went to check my facts, and see the motors are the same for 60D, 75D, and 90D. I swear when ordering in March it showed different rear motors for 70D and 90D. So maybe another upgrade coming our way. Starting to look like in-app purchasing, automobile style. The car is free, but if you want to drive it, then pay $35K. With A/C, fine, another $20K :).

3. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

I doubt it. The reduced performance is because of fewer cells in the battery pack. (Lower voltage and power output capability.)

4. JeffreyY

JeffreyY Member

But the one addition question to ask then is why are the 60 and 75D the same speed 0-60 given the sw limited battery pack

5. JeffreyY

JeffreyY Member

I personally also would buy a P75D if they would make one

• Like x 1
  6. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

Because both the S60D and S75D use the same 75 kWh pack. So the same voltage and power output capability. You are just limited to a maximum of a 80% charge.