Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX 75D, Typical Range...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey,

I know that range quoted by the car is largely pie in the sky but when i got my 75D set to typical it said 200miles, ive onyl just just under 5k miles and its now on full charge showing 298, not a massive drop but if i lose 2 miles for every 5k miles driven my battery is gonna be degrading quick...

Anyone else noticed this or have any advice?

Stephen

You really can't draw conclusions from individual charges. You need to look at trends. To do that you must either collect data on every charge and put it into a graphing spreadsheet or let one of the programs like TeslaFi do that for you (the much easier route). The result is a plot like the one below which shows that my battery hasn't degraded yet (but I've only had the car since December).

Untitled 5.jpeg

Last edited:
I get 289 miles at full charge.is this possible ?

Congrats on Membership.

NO, not possible in the real world, unless you go 49 MPH on flat smooth road surface, no stopping for 289 miles, windows closed, keep steady speed throughout, no AC, don't charge your phones, no wipers, no def, no heat certainly, no headlights and don't cough.

Another growing battery capacity as it gets older. WE all have experienced it early on and were so happy it was one of the anomaly batteries we all got.

Only if your settings are set to "Ideal".

Rated miles vs

Ideal.

You must be on Ideal if its 75D, Try switching it to Rated miles in your settings under- Display, Energy Display, Distance, Select Rated for a while and see what comes forth. Rated is more closely to real world driving and even then its high if you have a lead foot.

Most just use percent setting by toggling to Energy. I personally like Rated.

I assume perhaps you bought this used? How many miles on the MX/

If you bought used, you bought it from Tesla as they sell their cars with setting to ideal.

Get back to us and tell us how many rated miles you get fully charged. Its of interest. Especially if you bought it used(from Tesla) or whatever and the mileage on the vehicle at the point you fully charge.

Last edited:
Thanks I followed your instructions .
The ideal was 246 which after setting changes showed 199 .
:) . I set to % as well which is now 82

Now you have to get comfortable with it set in either of three positions. %, Ideal, or Rated. Once you set it though moving it around is not advisable as you can see there are big differences in all these.

Get back to us and tell us how many rated miles you get fully charged. Its of interest. Especially if you bought it used(from Tesla) or whatever and the mileage on the vehicle at the point you fully charge. I don't suggest though fully charging very much and especially fully charging and let the car sit for very long.

I highly suggest you read the manual front to back twice. You can read it in the car or online portal where you placed your order on your Tesla signon screen. There is a current manual there as well.

Then in a year read it again, because there are a lot of things you won't grasp fully until you have had a year (at least) experience with the car.

Also, the manual changes as time goes by. Your MX, I assume has autopilot and its probably AP-1? Not much going to change on that car going forward, but again the manual changes for sure.

Believe it or not we are all still learning even 2012-13 owners. Never to late to learn.

Safe Travels and don't hesitate to ask questions anytime. PM me if you like and I will get back with you. Enjoy your X.