TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

MX 90d torque

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by smocfi, May 3, 2017.

1. smocfi

smocfi Member

I have a MX 90d, AP2.0, took delivery Dec 2016. I've noticed that the accelerator pedal "feel" is different than a couple of loaner cars I've driven. One was an early Model X 90d with AP 1, the other a Model S P85 made in 2014 without AP.

With the loaner cars, a slight touch on the accelerator resulted in quick response, instant torque. On mine, there's more accelerator travel before the torque kicks in. Feels a bit slushy.

Questions: Is there an accelerator pedal calibration or adjustment? Was a change made to the motors or acceleration curves on the new versions of the MX90d vs the early models of the same car?

2. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

Is it in valet mode? There's also a setting where you can make the car perform like a 75D or 60D for demo purposes. Any chance your car is set for one of those?

3. smocfi

smocfi Member

It's not in valet mode. Can you tell me how to check for the demo mode setting?

4. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

5. smocfi

smocfi Member