Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX before year end?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It matters if you are a business owner.

Actually not. The credit is available to ALL taxpayers. Keep in mind it is a CREDIT, not a deduction, so I guess if you are a business owner and pay 0 tax, there is no credit. But the assumption is you still pay some tax. Folks that LEASE a car do not get it either, it goes to the leasing company

Actually not. The credit is available to ALL taxpayers. Keep in mind it is a CREDIT, not a deduction, so I guess if you are a business owner and pay 0 tax, there is no credit. But the assumption is you still pay some tax. Folks that LEASE a car do not get it either, it goes to the leasing company

Section 179 is why it matters to a business owner.. Has little to do with the $7500 incentive. It's a depreciation write off.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
FWIW we ordered in 2nd week of October and were told by dealer “first half of November” and website showed ‘November’ yet several days later after the VIN was assigned we are told “good chance it’ll be by December 24.” Tesla wouldn’t do anything about it. Non refundable deposit and they didn’t care. Finally after calling to cancel the order and eat the deposit because I couldn’t bear to give Tesla any more money for such crap sales experience they decided to replace my order with one on inventory and deliver it. Worst car buying experience we have ever had.

• Informative
Reactions: dethman
FWIW we ordered in 2nd week of October and were told by dealer “first half of November” and website showed ‘November’ yet several days later after the VIN was assigned we are told “good chance it’ll be by December 24.” Tesla wouldn’t do anything about it. Non refundable deposit and they didn’t care. Finally after calling to cancel the order and eat the deposit because I couldn’t bear to give Tesla any more money for such crap sales experience they decided to replace my order with one on inventory and deliver it. Worst car buying experience we have ever had.

Could not agree with you more sir.. Sheer embarrassment to how they do business.. Brilliant product, utterly unacceptable operation.

Reactions: dethman