Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX charging issues with adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my MX two weeks ago and its mostly parked in the garage since I was traveling and has under 200 miles so far. I have NEMA 14-50 installed in the garage and the car was connected to the charger while I was gone. Till know whenever I have charged it before and after my return it was charging at 22 mph at 42 Amp but last night the charging was at only @ 5miles with 8A.
I tried to reboot the car few times after unplugging the adapter but it still charges at 5mph. The error message I keep getting is check adapter.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 66
Got my MX two weeks ago and its mostly parked in the garage since I was traveling and has under 200 miles so far. I have NEMA 14-50 installed in the garage and the car was connected to the charger while I was gone. Till know whenever I have charged it before and after my return it was charging at 22 mph at 42 Amp but last night the charging was at only @ 5miles with 8A.
I tried to reboot the car few times after unplugging the adapter but it still charges at 5mph. The error message I keep getting is check adapter.

Check your handle is all the way in and locked ..u will hear a click ..if charge port light is yellow not green that means handle isn’t fully engaged in port

What adapter are you using that it is charging at 42 amps on a 14-50 outlet? The max should be 40 amps.

I think it was supposed to be 32 amps not 42. Since he only got the X two weeks ago, it probably came with Gen 2 UMC which maxed out at 32.

OP, you will need to really slam the plug in. But before you do that, take a flashlight and look at both the plug and port of the car and make sure there is no broken pieces of plastic or rock stuck inside. Like P85 said, if you are getting 5m/h, you probably got the orange ring and not green. USE THE FORCE LUKE.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and Sonic_78
I think it was supposed to be 32 amps not 42. Since he only got the X two weeks ago, it probably came with Gen 2 UMC which maxed out at 32.

OP, you will need to really slam the plug in. But before you do that, take a flashlight and look at both the plug and port of the car and make sure there is no broken pieces of plastic or rock stuck inside. Like P85 said, if you are getting 5m/h, you probably got the orange ring and not green. USE THE FORCE LUKE.

yes the ring is flashing green