Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX Climate turns on sporadically when plugged in. Bug?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MX climate is turning on sporadically when plugged in. I noticed this behavior 5-6 times in last 2 months. I am not sure what's causing this. I am not leaving climate on.

Stats app has been alerting me about the climate. Anyone experiencing this issue?

I am on 2018.49.20. 2018 MX August built.

I reported this issue to Tesla and they sent me instructions on how to turn climate on/off. :rolleyes:

IMG_6254.PNG

Smart preconditioning as a cause is a good suggestion. If that's off, are you in a warmer climate? If so, perhaps cabin overheat protection is triggering this? Alternatively, do you know what the app is actually looking at to make that determination? I mean, smart preconditioning or cabin overheat protection would make the most sense, but if it only happens when you're charging (you say plugged in, not the same as charging), battery cooling uses the HVAC compressor, so if the compressor running is an alert trigger, it could be that.

Thanks for your reply. My smart preconditioning was on. I turned it off in last week. I am in NJ. We're still in low 40s. So overheat protection is not a factor.

The 5 or 6 times I noticed this issue the car was plugged in and not charging. I haven't seen the issue in almost 2 weeks. I will continue to monitor this.

Smart preconditioning as a cause is a good suggestion. If that's off, are you in a warmer climate? If so, perhaps cabin overheat protection is triggering this? Alternatively, do you know what the app is actually looking at to make that determination? I mean, smart preconditioning or cabin overheat protection would make the most sense, but if it only happens when you're charging (you say plugged in, not the same as charging), battery cooling uses the HVAC compressor, so if the compressor running is an alert trigger, it could be that.