Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX Design Studio Changes - Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's interesting that Tesla actually recommends the white interior over the others. I wonder if it's because it's cheaper than the leather interiors, or if it ages far better. I have remained skeptical of the Ultra White seats long-term durability.

FWIW: 14K and counting with the a pet often in white seats and they are holding up terrifically......agree with Tesla on these seats.

I'm almost sure you can't get the PUP with regular (multi pattern) seats, because they offer ventilated seats only with leather seating. Has that now changed? Because now I can add the PUP option without upgrading to leather seats.
I doubt that the base Multi-Pattern seats transform into ventilated seats if the car has the PUP option. It appears that you can have an X with base seats and the PUP and then the front seats won't be ventilated. But you can contact Tesla and ask them...

Wha do you guys think about the new combos?

here is a pic:
upload_2016-11-16_13-1-12.png

The new combos are too limiting, not to mention they got rid of obeche wood completely. If you get black leather interior you can only get the figured ash or carbon fiber? I don't want either if I was to custom order my car.

Not sure if it would be the same here - but when I've custom ordered other cars the options online can be overridden by going in to the dealer/calling the dealer. If it is really limited to these that's a little interesting for "custom order". "You can be as original as you want, within these guidelines" ;)

I believe they changed all headliners to be alcantara nearly six months ago: Black Alcantara headliner now no-cost option

No, that is for the Model S. On the Model X you get Alcantara only with the premium upgrade package. Otherwise you get the textile which to be honest looks fine. I personally find the premium upgrade package to be one of the poorest values and certainly one of th4 highest margin items. Maybe the 22" wheel/tire package is worse though in terms of getting what you paid for.

I understand what is what....my statement was I can't figure out if ordering the white interior if the headliner is plain black (like the base headliner) or alcantara (like the other upgraded leather seats get).

If you get the premium package it's Alcantara only. You have to choose black for the headliner if you get the white interior. It makes sense if you see the few people who got an X with the white interior and the off white headliner.