Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX door problem when parking on slope

ponyo

Feb 13, 2017
Hong Kong
Electric front doors on MX do not work on slopes.

My parking space is on a slightly sloped area. The electric door on the lower side will swing fully open. Lucky that when i opened the door, no car was beside mine.

The other door on the upper side totally couldn't open. it just swung open a bit and slammed back on leaving a slit that you could open the door by hand. But because the door is still run by electricity, you can't keep the door stayed in any position. Also, the door is very heavy. So basically it is quite impossible and dangerous to get on the MX from the door on upper side if parked on a slope.

cwsn2

Nov 8, 2016
Hong Kong
Yes, I have the same experience when my car park on horizontal slopes when driver's door is swing open and I have to use my hand to stop it to hit the wall. But the passenger door I can open, may be the slope is not that steep.

victorhw

Aug 7, 2016
Hong Kong
Same experience here.....but on the contrary, the motorized door will try to hold the door from being pulled open by gravity if you are on the down slope. I will check this out with the service center in my next visit.

ponyo

Feb 13, 2017
Hong Kong
The recent MX update has improved the front doors operation.

I've tried opening both front doors on my sloped parking space. Both can now close and open with no problem:)

markwj

Moderator, Asia Pacific
Apr 10, 2011
Hong Kong
Not sure if it is the recent update, or the fact my driver's side door latch was replaced (and presumably door re-calibrated), but it is working better for me now. Seems to be able to open on a slope.

Optic

Nov 10, 2014
Hong Kong
Not sure if it is the recent update, or the fact my driver's side door latch was replaced (and presumably door re-calibrated), but it is working better for me now. Seems to be able to open on a slope.
Can confirm, it's the update. Others reported the same on facebook group.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC