Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX FWD Opens While Away

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Twice, once while in the house and once while in Starbucks, my driver side FWD door opened while unattended. Windows were open slightly, and dog was inside while at Starbucks incident, but I don't suspect any wise guys pushing the door handle (or the dog, he's constrained to back area).

Has anybody also seen this?

I opened one of my falcon doors from my pocket, but they were jeans pockets and I had one knee up on a second row seat loading my son in his middle seat car seat. Therefore there was a good bit of pressure on the fob so I realized right away what had happened.

I'll probably get some sort of fob pocket regardless, but with normal usage I'm not too worried about it. According to the service center the range is quite lengthy so you do need to watch out even if you aren't right by the car.

Twice, once while in the house and once while in Starbucks, my driver side FWD door opened while unattended. Windows were open slightly, and dog was inside while at Starbucks incident, but I don't suspect any wise guys pushing the door handle (or the dog, he's constrained to back area).

For this reason, I'd love to see the car notify the smart phone app about doors or windows opening. This needs to be a mode that gets turned on/off, otherwise you'd get lots of notifications. Bur I'd like to know if I left my window open or the auto-closing door didn't close after I walked away. This would be great for the trunk & frunk too

It happened once to me, but I don't know why. Maybe pocket pressure tho I was sitting in a chair about 50 ft away.

This has absolutely happened to me twice!!

One time it was raining out and luckily there wasn't much wind so nothing inside got wet (I knew the falcon wings were good for something!) and the second time it was a similar situation.

Kind of scary when you go outside and see the door wide open like that, but I just assumed it was accidental presses while the fob was in my pants pocket so now I try to keep it in a jacket pocket or somewhere not so tight.

For this reason, I'd love to see the car notify the smart phone app about doors or windows opening. This needs to be a mode that gets turned on/off, otherwise you'd get lots of notifications. Bur I'd like to know if I left my window open or the auto-closing door didn't close after I walked away. This would be great for the trunk & frunk too

It would be GREAT if you could be notified by the app of an open door when you go out of fob range. Totally do-able too! The car knows when a door is open, and the car knows when no fob is nearby..

They could put the option right in here.

image.png

Tesla, make it happen!

Agree with all. Regardless of root cause, Tesla app. should notify/vibrate, show status view, and Remote S watch app. ought also to notify with a wrist vibration etc. If I walk away w/o locking with my dog in the car and windows open, a person (with a press), or fob mishap, could open a FWD, but at least then I would know about it.