Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX loses front left suspension arm after driver runs stop sign and hits curb during test drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really need to be more careful with the click baity title.

It's not like the MX lost its front suspension whilst driving, more like it was ripped from the car as it crashed over the kerb. Completely the drivers fault from the evidence presented thus far.

Car might have in fact saved more serious injury, just saying.

Reactions: Peteybabes
Really need to be more careful with the click baity title.

It's not like the MX lost its front suspension whilst driving, more like it was ripped from the car as it crashed over the kerb. Completely the drivers fault from the evidence presented thus far.

Car might have in fact saved more serious injury, just saying.
fully agree here...i hit my wheel on a curb while sliding on ice and the lower control arm snapped. that happened at 10mph at the most.

not at all surpised to see the wheel ripped off.

This thread title “MX loses front left suspension arm after failing to stop and hitting curb during test drive”
is inflammatory. As written, it states that the car “failed to stop”. That’s wrong. The cause of the accident was that the driver drove too fast, lost control, then slid and hit the curb. At that point the suspension broke.

This is just the sort of thread title that sleazy publications will seize on and further distort.

• Helpful
Reactions: P85_DA
This thread title “MX loses front left suspension arm after failing to stop and hitting curb during test drive”
is inflammatory. As written, it states that the car “failed to stop”. That’s wrong. The cause of the accident was that the driver drove too fast, lost control, then slid and hit the curb. At that point the suspension broke.

This is just the sort of thread title that sleazy publications will seize on and further distort.
Do you have a better suggestion? If so, please share it. There were originally two threads. One of the threads was titled something like "MX loses front left suspension and crashes" which made it sound like it was the car's fault and not the driver's fault. The other thread title was "KABOOM....tinkletinkle" which didn't describe the thread at all. I combined the threads and tried to indicate in the title that they failed to stop (at a stop sign) and hit a curb. I guess that could be misunderstood as being the car's fault instead of the driver? I tried updating it to indicate the driver failed to stop at the stop sign. Is that acceptable?

I am not sure if the MX's loss of suspension arm was the cause or the result of the accident, but this would have been scary in a highway scenario!

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_oJraaWTqQ
There's nothing that even remotely suggests the loss of the suspension arm was the cause of the accident. The driver was going too fast and slid into a curb. That breaks your wheel off if you're lucky or potentially rolls you if you're not.

If you were already sliding, brakes might have made it worse. I was used to snow banks, not concrete...

I think it is a local custom to ignore it.
It looks like the stop sign was a relic from when the intersection was a T. Now it's just a right turn...
In a spin, both feet in. Have a doubt, both feet out.

This is referring to a car with a clutch, but it can be modified for any car accordingly.

Reactions: Peteybabes