Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX not changing profile via FOBs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the two profiles for my MX linked to the FOBs. However the profiles don't change depending on which fob is used to enter car. Am I missing a setting or something?

This is a known bug. My brand new MX 100D was in the shop for about 4 days while they tried to figure out why it's not working as advertised. The end result was a note from engineering promising a firmware fix. This was over a month ago so I'm hopeful it'll be soon.

I'm pretty sure it was working for me on 17.11.3 in April. we only took my fob on a long road trip. She would manually select her profile. I never had to do that since it was automatically switching back to mine whenever I approached the car.

I'm not sure what it will do if both fobs are present. And my car is at the SvC, so no way to confirm.

Thanks to everyone. It sounds like their might be an issue with my car or the fobs then. I'm pretty sure that it used to work.

I have to take the car in for some other minor issues so I'll have them look at that as well.

I'll try and remember to post what they say.

Thanks to everyone. It sounds like their might be an issue with my car or the fobs then. I'm pretty sure that it used to work.

I have to take the car in for some other minor issues so I'll have them look at that as well.

I'll try and remember to post what they say.

are you sure you have fobs assigned to profiles? You can check under driver profiles... pick driver in settings and there is info "linked to fob1" or "link to fob1" (or similar).... you can reassign fob to different driver profile by clicking on another profile and then you can assign current fob there... it removes from the first assign profile though :) check settings to make sure you have both fobs assigned to some profiles... do one by one as car gets confused when sees both fobs at the same time :)

My model s says it has linked my fobs to our two profiles, but, often the car doesn't switch when the "other" fob opens the door. is there a secret to this or is it a bug?

I haven't had this feature working since at least May 2nd. I reported it that day after a relatively recent update in April, I think 17.17.4 but it would have been the one I got prior to that one.

I have the two profiles for my MX linked to the FOBs. However the profiles don't change depending on which fob is used to enter car. Am I missing a setting or something?

AFAIK only the setting in the driver profiles that links a fob to each.

This is a known bug. My brand new MX 100D was in the shop for about 4 days while they tried to figure out why it's not working as advertised. The end result was a note from engineering promising a firmware fix. This was over a month ago so I'm hopeful it'll be soon.

FWIW this is fixed now in 17.24.28. Profiles work perfectly with PUP automatically opening the door and setting the correct profile.

I haven't seen this working for me. Did you have to do anything post-update, like re-linking the fobs? I have a firmware greater than 17.24.28 and PUP...

are you sure you have fobs assigned to profiles? You can check under driver profiles... pick driver in settings and there is info "linked to fob1" or "link to fob1" (or similar).... you can reassign fob to different driver profile by clicking on another profile and then you can assign current fob there... it removes from the first assign profile though :) check settings to make sure you have both fobs assigned to some profiles... do one by one as car gets confused when sees both fobs at the same time :)
This is the solution. We had the same issue on our X. I basically went through and duplicated all of our profiles, paired the appropriate ones and then deleted the old ones. Works fine now.

I haven't seen this working for me. Did you have to do anything post-update, like re-linking the fobs? I have a firmware greater than 17.24.28 and PUP...

I did actually relink the FOBs. After a factory reset that didn't work. That update was actually due to my forcing the issue a bit. It's a feature that never worked since the day I picked up the car in March. They took it in twice trying to fix it, and finally escalated to engineering and told me a FW fix was coming. Well along comes June and my AC broke in 95F weather. They gave me a brand new P100D loaner and I told them they could keep my car until the fob issue was finally working as promised as well, since it's something I paid for and it had already been 2 months with no word. Long story short, 10 days later and a few supervisor calls later they came out with that FW as a fix and voila it worked.

I could blame my bad mood on the AC issue in a 120k car that's almost brand new, but I also knew others likely had the same gripe and figured they'd want their $175k P100D back someday and that was as good a chance as I'd ever have of someone finally fixing it lol.