Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX randomly wakes up and opens doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model X never has opened its door...unless it's closed it again....but it plays tricks on the Model S it shares the garage with, turning on its lights and radio and charging port signal on occasion.

Some kids!

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I noticed this 2 times so far - the right side FWD opens for no apparent reason since V9 update! I don't have a garage and my car is parked so far off that it is out of range from even my home wifi. I noticed this when I went to collect my mail.

I had this same issue awhile ago. It was a bad door latching mechanism. The car couldn't detect the door was closed or open. Whenever it would wake up from sleep it would open the door. Tesla ranger came out and replaced it. This was a known problem with early builds. Thy have since upgraded the latch. But, it sounds like it is the same problem.

How old is the car? When did it start happening?

September 2018 build. Once I turned off the auto-present door it seems to have stopped opening and closing the door, but it is still waking up every hour or so like it senses a keyfob. I even removed the fob from the tesla carrying case, just in case that was somehow causing the issue.

Afaik this could have been happening since Day 1, but I only recently installed a camera in the garage.

This has happened to me a few times. Where is your second key fob? I think my second one was too close, and that probably caused the issue. I got a new key fob from the SC (great job on them for getting me one ASAP), and it still happened. I kept the second fob in my office which is only about 10 - 15ft away, which was a little further away than my other fob.

I moved my second fob to the totally opposite side of the house, maybe 100ft+ away, and I haven't seen the issue since. Check both fobs and try to keep that second one away as far as possible. Hope that was the issue and it's nothing else too serious.

This has happened to me a few times. Where is your second key fob? I think my second one was too close, and that probably caused the issue. I got a new key fob from the SC (great job on them for getting me one ASAP), and it still happened. I kept the second fob in my office which is only about 10 - 15ft away, which was a little further away than my other fob.

I moved my second fob to the totally opposite side of the house, maybe 100ft+ away, and I haven't seen the issue since. Check both fobs and try to keep that second one away as far as possible. Hope that was the issue and it's nothing else too serious.

I will have to look; I actually tried to open the doors without carrying my keyfob with me and they wouldn't, but I will have to look around and see if the second fob is too close.