Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX Raven (delivered 12/17) Clicking Sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a condition with my new MX that the Tesla service center says they have not heard before. Its a clicking sound that occurs (or you can only hear then because of less road noise) when you are accelerating or decelerating at slow speeds. The service manager got in the car and we went on a test drive and he took a recording.

Fast forward >2.5 days in the service bay and they can't find it. They say they keep trying things and to no avail. I am told they have not heard this before and its "different" than previous clicking sounds they had (Ujoint, axle bolt, etc) dealt with. Ive even heard that they have not worked on a lot of the MX Raven's.

Has anyone else experienced this that might have some insight? I have asked them to escalate but they seem reluctant to do so until they spend more time....meanwhile I am without my new car.

I have a condition with my new MX that the Tesla service center says they have not heard before. Its a clicking sound that occurs (or you can only hear then because of less road noise) when you are accelerating or decelerating at slow speeds. The service manager got in the car and we went on a test drive and he took a recording.

Fast forward >2.5 days in the service bay and they can't find it. They say they keep trying things and to no avail. I am told they have not heard this before and its "different" than previous clicking sounds they had (Ujoint, axle bolt, etc) dealt with. Ive even heard that they have not worked on a lot of the MX Raven's.

Has anyone else experienced this that might have some insight? I have asked them to escalate but they seem reluctant to do so until they spend more time....meanwhile I am without my new car.
Got any audio/video? Hard to really help out without it.

I have same problem 2019 mxp

Same problem here. Inaudible with the windows up, but with windows down, quite loud and noticeable - especially if you're driving near a wall that the sound can bounce off of. No idea what it is, but I have a SC appointment on Friday and I will certainly mention it.

I just got my raven X in December 2019 and it has a random click that comes from the dash when accelerating or decelerating. It happens at all speeds but is more noticeable at low speeds due to less road and wind noise. I have an appointment in a few weeks, but if anyone has any ideas I am open to hearing them!

I’ve noticed a metallic creaking under the same conditions on mine that reflects off hard surfaces (walls, etc.) when I have the windows rolled down and accelerate from a standstill. Pretty minor - haven’t had a chance to take it in yet. (Delivered 12/23).

Same problem here. Inaudible with the windows up, but with windows down, quite loud and noticeable - especially if you're driving near a wall that the sound can bounce off of. No idea what it is, but I have a SC appointment on Friday and I will certainly mention it.
Small update for anyone watching the thread... Unfortunately the clicking sound was an "add-on issue" to my original appointment and since the SC was busy, they did not have time to address it. So I'll have to make a follow-up appointment.

I have a condition with my new MX that the Tesla service center says they have not heard before. Its a clicking sound that occurs (or you can only hear then because of less road noise) when you are accelerating or decelerating at slow speeds.

YES! This just started happening to my X yesterday. Raven X delivered on Dec 18, 2019. 2309 miles. I thought at first my son left a marble that was rolling around somewhere and making a "click" noise during slow-speed accelerating and deceleration, but I couldn't find what was causing it. I'm going to keep looking, and perhaps add this to my list for my first service appt.

Just got mine back after 3 weeks and they said no fix. Mine is more of a deeper sound clunk on acceleration and deceleration. If you feather the throttle it doesnt happen as much om accel and decel. Happens less on creep mode too. But roll or hold mode is definitely present.

@ pgrennan - Did you ever find a solution to your clicking issue? I have 2021 Dec Delivered X and it is making the clicking sound as you described. The sound seems like is coming from the passenger side glove compartment area.

I wanted to post back the solution for this issue for my X. As per service, they replaced all clips on the passenger side lower A-pillar and re-adjusted trim. So this has fixed the clicking noise in my 2021 Dec delivered X. It had nothing to do with the suspension. I think it's important to post back the fix so the next user has some assurance on the fix.