TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

MX Rear Air Vent less powerful and Front Passenger Seat belt noise

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by StealthX, Feb 11, 2017.

1. StealthX

StealthX New Member

Hi Everyone,

My first post on this forum. Got my MX delivered on October of last year and I have been more then impressed with the drive. I had the usual issues with the Falcon wing doors but other then that, AWESOME CAR!

I did find two more things and wanted to know if any of you have faced the same issue:

1) Rear driver side vent: I found this issue during this winter. The air-vent right behind the driver side close to the falcon wing door blows much less powerful heat compared to the one on the passenger side. AC air is perfect, but when I turn on the heater, the power is much less. So anyone seating on that side of the car has to bear the cold. I took it to the service centre, but they couldnt do much and I told him that I will come back if I find others MX owners with the same issue.

2) Passenger side seat belt knocking: This one is weird. If the seat belt on the front passenger side is not in use, it knocks against the seat and creates annoying noise.

Did you guys face any of the issues ?

Regards,
    Chinmay

2. essmd

essmd Phantom X

Assuming you have a 6 or 7 seat model, then those vents are managed by the rear A/C controls.

Mine were identical in air flow when fan set at 7, vents wide open and the damper was all the way up to maximize airflow.

However, you may want to reconsider your strategy.

If other owners DO NOT have the same experience as yours, that is when you should return to the service center since it is unique to your car and may be a loose ducting connection or some blockage.

To add some objectivity to the assessment and to demonstrate the issue, consider getting a cheap air flow meter. it hard to argue against a digital number, and they can easily compare it to another vehicle at the center.

Amazon.com : Holdpeak HP-866B Digital Handheld Anemometer for Measuring Wind Speed, Temperature and Wind Chill with Backlight : Patio, Lawn & Garden

• Helpful x 1
  3. Helvetio

Helvetio Member

The passenger side seat belt knocking drives me crazy .... I have found that if you move the passenger seat far enough back, the seat belt buckle will bump against the leather which doesn't make a sound.

But since I can't adjust the passenger seat position from the center console like the 2 row seats (Tesla, why you fail me!) I usually keep the passenger seat belt plugged in when nobody's in it.

What also drives me nuts is when I am siting in the driver seat and somebody wants to access the 3rd row seats, the second row seats move up but so does my driver seat. I really want the option for the driver and passenger seat not to move in that case.

4. FlyF4

FlyF4 Member

Wife had a similar problem with her Toyota Avalon Hybrid. She bought a padded seatbelt attachment (intended to cushion seat belt strap against the shoulders). It has Velcro and easily wraps around the seat belt near the buckle. Problem solved. I think she got it at an auto parts supply store. It solved 2 issues.... rattling of seat belt and softer on the shoulder.